Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper

Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper (https://www.viperalley.com/forum/index.php)
-   CA (https://www.viperalley.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=682)
-   -   NorCal is in.... SoCal to VOA? (https://www.viperalley.com/forum/showthread.php?t=130633)

Newport Viper September 24th, 2013 07:50 PM

NorCal is in.... SoCal to VOA?

I think the SoCal club is the BEST Viper club.

I would like to see it join the new VOA.

Are there any other SoCal folks that would like to see it join the VOA?

If yes why?

If no why?

Let's have an open discussion here.

I will start.... I am an involved (13 year) part timer and try once or twice a year to attend/organize an event. (I work most weekends)

Most important to me is a club that has ties to the manufacturer. Hopefully, the VOA will provide that.

Glen97 September 25th, 2013 11:30 AM

Most important to me is a club that has ties to the manufacturer. Hopefully, the VOA will provide that.

Newport Viper October 1st, 2013 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glen97 (Post 2044225)

Well.... there is the two of here. I guess we will start our own region...

Just can't figure out why so many SoCal guys/gals are so quite on this.... there is no boat left to rock

MoparBoyy October 2nd, 2013 07:27 AM

Isn't Dan in soCal? i dont think they are gonna make the switch.

Newport Viper October 3rd, 2013 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoparBoyy (Post 2063098)
Isn't Dan in soCal? i dont think they are gonna make the switch.

You mean if there is still a VCA ? Dan moved to Texas.

Lawrenzo October 3rd, 2013 01:01 AM

I'm all for it. I used to attend a pretty decent amount of events, and really enjoyed the group's camaraderie.

Now, all I need to do is buy another Viper:o Anybody have a SSG with black stripes ACR or a GTS blue with black stripes ACR they want to sell?

Drlee50 October 3rd, 2013 09:01 AM

With well over 60% of the nation leaving VCA, they will have a difficult time meeting their $500K/ yr expenses. They will be extinct within a year no matter what so... why waste time ? Join the VOA and have fun.

Newport Viper October 4th, 2013 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drlee50 (Post 2067082)
Join the VOA and have fun.

Let's hope this region does.

VENOM V October 17th, 2013 01:46 PM

I'm from Nor Cal, I attended the California Viper Rendezvous in Santa Barbara, and met a lot of great people from So. and Central CA. It saddens me to see the split.

I'll be looking for opportunities to see you guys again. It's clear that there's no animosity between members, we are all just car guys that want to enjoy these dream machines.

I'm hoping there will be some sort of So Cal VOA that forms, as I'm definitely going VOA. But whether or not you are part of the VCA or VOA, I consider you guys down south my Viper brothers and sisters. Looking forward to good times together in the future.

sundiego October 17th, 2013 02:44 PM

Lance , the prez of SoCal, is a great guy. He is a loyal friend of Maurice, and of Dan. As a result, he's torn and sitting on the fence. If the majority of SoCal members switch to VOA, I'll bet he'll follow.