Die for your Country? - Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper

Go Back   Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper » Back Alley » The Best Of ViperAlley
» Live Feed « · War Room · Graffiti Wall · Arcade · Viper Blogs ·  

The Best Of ViperAlley The best-of-the-best posts on ViperAlley!

Die for your Country?

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Die for your Country?
Old March 22nd, 2004, 10:51 PM   #1

Viper is unremarkable with 10 points
Die for your Country?

In light of all the uber heated political posts it truly makes me ask the question, “would I die for my country?”

When one political group or the other get’s in office does anything really significant change in our individual lives?

In a thousand years will students be studying history and when they come to the part about the USA will they say, “America, wasn’t that some ancient trial in democracy?”

Do you think if a Roman soldier could look back today he would still say he was glad he died for Rome? How about a Kamikaze pilot from the Pacific theater from WWIII?

Maybe it’s just the anarchist leanings I have but is it seriously worth getting so worked up over?

I will say that I am thankful to live here and I truly believe the way the Founding Fathers planned our Government is the way we should be governed today. However we have strayed far off the path.

Would you send your Son to die for 2004 America?
  Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Re: Die for your Country?
Old March 22nd, 2004, 10:56 PM   #2
Sexist

Chuck 98 RT10 is not afraid of bears with 109767 pointsChuck 98 RT10 is not afraid of bears with 109767 pointsChuck 98 RT10 is not afraid of bears with 109767 pointsChuck 98 RT10 is not afraid of bears with 109767 pointsChuck 98 RT10 is not afraid of bears with 109767 pointsChuck 98 RT10 is not afraid of bears with 109767 pointsChuck 98 RT10 is not afraid of bears with 109767 pointsChuck 98 RT10 is not afraid of bears with 109767 pointsChuck 98 RT10 is not afraid of bears with 109767 pointsChuck 98 RT10 is not afraid of bears with 109767 pointsChuck 98 RT10 is not afraid of bears with 109767 points

I would have gone to the middle east and shot every raghead in sight. And I would've taken a round if I had to.

Old March 22nd, 2004, 11:01 PM   #3

KosherBenz is not afraid of bears with 7010 pointsKosherBenz is not afraid of bears with 7010 pointsKosherBenz is not afraid of bears with 7010 pointsKosherBenz is not afraid of bears with 7010 pointsKosherBenz is not afraid of bears with 7010 pointsKosherBenz is not afraid of bears with 7010 pointsKosherBenz is not afraid of bears with 7010 pointsKosherBenz is not afraid of bears with 7010 pointsKosherBenz is not afraid of bears with 7010 pointsKosherBenz is not afraid of bears with 7010 pointsKosherBenz is not afraid of bears with 7010 points

Thats why I joined the Navy... Id do it again!

Old March 22nd, 2004, 11:03 PM   #4

Gadgetmann is unremarkable with 10 points

Count me in. Active duty 1985 - 1987, US Army Rangers, MP.

If your answer is 'NO', move to fucking Russia, you commie pinko pull start bastard. Freedom is not free. 500+ have died in Iraq as proof.

Respectfully Yours,

Freedom Fighter

Old March 22nd, 2004, 11:27 PM   #5

SilverRT/10 is not afraid of bears with 11060 pointsSilverRT/10 is not afraid of bears with 11060 pointsSilverRT/10 is not afraid of bears with 11060 pointsSilverRT/10 is not afraid of bears with 11060 pointsSilverRT/10 is not afraid of bears with 11060 pointsSilverRT/10 is not afraid of bears with 11060 pointsSilverRT/10 is not afraid of bears with 11060 pointsSilverRT/10 is not afraid of bears with 11060 pointsSilverRT/10 is not afraid of bears with 11060 pointsSilverRT/10 is not afraid of bears with 11060 pointsSilverRT/10 is not afraid of bears with 11060 points

I show up for work everyday, don't I?

Old March 23rd, 2004, 12:09 AM   #6

Snake Bitten is well liked with 170 pointsSnake Bitten is well liked with 170 points

IN!

BAD ASP YOUR AVATAR ROCKS!!! [img]/images/graemlins/thumb1[/img]

Old March 23rd, 2004, 12:13 AM   #7

Captain Bli is well liked with 150 pointsCaptain Bli is well liked with 150 points

Yes I would go fight in a heartbeat.

Old March 23rd, 2004, 03:50 AM   #8

Mike_W is a B-Teamer with 70 points

Nope, I would not die for my country. I would die for what I hold dear to me, my beliefs that I refuse to change, and those people that I feel I need in my life, that I would not want to live in their absence... That means: I would be willing to risk dying, if forced to live a life I did not want to live.

If you want to die for the country, I'll keep paying taxes to send you on your way. You are not obligated to die for your country, you shouldn't feel bad saying that you would not.

I live for myself and yes I love having freedom. I won't die for you over my loved ones, and I wouldn't expect you to do the same. You want to join the military... Go right ahead, and remember, that was YOUR CHOICE. It doesn't matter if you did it because you did not know what else to do, your daddy forced you too, or you felt like a patriot. You did it, not me. I will do what the law says I have too, and I will pay taxes so you can risk your life for your decision; which does in fact benefit me. If I wanted to join the armed forces, I would have.

"Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country!" Uh... NO... It is a mutally beneficial relationship my country and I have. I give to them, just as it has given to me. If you want to die fighting for what you hold dear, then great... but I would not die for my country and some of the welfare fucks it houses. Nope... not me. I won't die because everyone else chants I should for the betterment of everyone else but me. I don't believe the group comes before me. If someone said, "I will kill either you, or 100 strangers..." I would say, "Fuck it, kill them. I have shit to do."

OK bye. Have a nice day and make your Vipers really fast.
Mike

Old March 23rd, 2004, 04:11 AM   #9
Deceased Dec 25, 2016 Rest in Peace

Whitebeard is not afraid of bears with 139109 pointsWhitebeard is not afraid of bears with 139109 pointsWhitebeard is not afraid of bears with 139109 pointsWhitebeard is not afraid of bears with 139109 pointsWhitebeard is not afraid of bears with 139109 pointsWhitebeard is not afraid of bears with 139109 pointsWhitebeard is not afraid of bears with 139109 pointsWhitebeard is not afraid of bears with 139109 pointsWhitebeard is not afraid of bears with 139109 pointsWhitebeard is not afraid of bears with 139109 pointsWhitebeard is not afraid of bears with 139109 points
Send a message via Yahoo to Whitebeard

To support this country's rights to be free, yes, I would gladly. Of course I would do my best to take the other guy out first.

"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his."

"A good solution applied with vigor now is better than a perfect solution applied ten minutes later."

"Do everything you ask of those you command."

"Do more than is required of you."

"Do not fear failure."

"Do not make excuses, whether it is your fault or not."

"Do not take counsel of your fears."

"Give credit where it is due."

"In case of doubt, attack."

"It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that insures victory."

"Lack of orders is no excuse for inaction."

"Make your plans to fit the circumstances."

"Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men."

"Say what you mean and mean what you say."

"Take calculated risks."

"The duties of an officer are the safety, honor, and welfare of your country first; the honor, welfare, and comfort of the men in your command second; and the officer s own ease, comfort, and safety last."

"The soldier is the army."

[bold]"There is only one tactical principle which is not subject to change; it is, 'To use the means at hand to inflict the maximum amount of wounds, death, and destruction on the enemy in the minimum amount of time.' " [/bold]

"There is only one type of discipline, perfect discipline."

"There s a great deal of talk about loyalty from the bottom to the top. Loyalty from the top down is even more necessary and is much less prevalent. One of the most frequently noted characteristics of great men who have remained great is loyalty to their subordinates."

"You're never beaten until you admit it."

"You shouldn't underestimate an enemy, but it is just as fatal to overestimate him."

"When this war is over, I am going to remove my medals and stars and leave only my jacket on and they all can kiss my ass."

"It is only by doing things others have not that one can advance."

Old March 23rd, 2004, 05:04 AM   #10

KosherBenz is not afraid of bears with 7010 pointsKosherBenz is not afraid of bears with 7010 pointsKosherBenz is not afraid of bears with 7010 pointsKosherBenz is not afraid of bears with 7010 pointsKosherBenz is not afraid of bears with 7010 pointsKosherBenz is not afraid of bears with 7010 pointsKosherBenz is not afraid of bears with 7010 pointsKosherBenz is not afraid of bears with 7010 pointsKosherBenz is not afraid of bears with 7010 pointsKosherBenz is not afraid of bears with 7010 pointsKosherBenz is not afraid of bears with 7010 points

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_W
Nope, I would not die for my country. I would die for what I hold dear to me, my beliefs that I refuse to change, and those people that I feel I need in my life, that I would not want to live in their absence... That means: I would be willing to risk dying, if forced to live a life I did not want to live.

If you want to die for the country, I'll keep paying taxes to send you on your way. You are not obligated to die for your country, you shouldn't feel bad saying that you would not.

I live for myself and yes I love having freedom. I won't die for you over my loved ones, and I wouldn't expect you to do the same. You want to join the military... Go right ahead, and remember, that was YOUR CHOICE. It doesn't matter if you did it because you did not know what else to do, your daddy forced you too, or you felt like a patriot. You did it, not me. I will do what the law says I have too, and I will pay taxes so you can risk your life for your decision; which does in fact benefit me. If I wanted to join the armed forces, I would have.

"Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country!" Uh... NO... It is a mutally beneficial relationship my country and I have. I give to them, just as it has given to me. If you want to die fighting for what you hold dear, then great... but I would not die for my country and some of the welfare fucks it houses. Nope... not me. I won't die because everyone else chants I should for the betterment of everyone else but me. I don't believe the group comes before me. If someone said, "I will kill either you, or 100 strangers..." I would say, "Fuck it, kill them. I have shit to do."

Mike
Your priorities are all fucked up! :fist:

Old March 23rd, 2004, 05:09 AM   #11
Deceased Dec 25, 2016 Rest in Peace

Whitebeard is not afraid of bears with 139109 pointsWhitebeard is not afraid of bears with 139109 pointsWhitebeard is not afraid of bears with 139109 pointsWhitebeard is not afraid of bears with 139109 pointsWhitebeard is not afraid of bears with 139109 pointsWhitebeard is not afraid of bears with 139109 pointsWhitebeard is not afraid of bears with 139109 pointsWhitebeard is not afraid of bears with 139109 pointsWhitebeard is not afraid of bears with 139109 pointsWhitebeard is not afraid of bears with 139109 pointsWhitebeard is not afraid of bears with 139109 points
Send a message via Yahoo to Whitebeard

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03Redfire Cobra
Quote:

Mike
Your priorities are all fucked up! :fist:
Evan, he is a only sprouting the same BS that most of the draft dodgers did during the vietnam era. He has the right to say it, but it is the folks like him that let the Nazi party to florish in the 1930's and 40's.

Old March 23rd, 2004, 08:01 AM   #12
A Luxury Once Sampled...

Biggest is not afraid of bears with 178804 pointsBiggest is not afraid of bears with 178804 pointsBiggest is not afraid of bears with 178804 pointsBiggest is not afraid of bears with 178804 pointsBiggest is not afraid of bears with 178804 pointsBiggest is not afraid of bears with 178804 pointsBiggest is not afraid of bears with 178804 pointsBiggest is not afraid of bears with 178804 pointsBiggest is not afraid of bears with 178804 pointsBiggest is not afraid of bears with 178804 pointsBiggest is not afraid of bears with 178804 points

This quote absolutely ROCKS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbeard
"There s a great deal of talk about loyalty from the bottom to the top. Loyalty from the top down is even more necessary and is much less prevalent. One of the most frequently noted characteristics of great men who have remained great is loyalty to their subordinates."

Old March 23rd, 2004, 08:09 AM   #13

RedFive is The Man with 2099 pointsRedFive is The Man with 2099 pointsRedFive is The Man with 2099 pointsRedFive is The Man with 2099 pointsRedFive is The Man with 2099 pointsRedFive is The Man with 2099 pointsRedFive is The Man with 2099 pointsRedFive is The Man with 2099 pointsRedFive is The Man with 2099 pointsRedFive is The Man with 2099 pointsRedFive is The Man with 2099 points

Quote:

If you want to die for the country, I'll keep paying taxes to send you on your way.

You need to pay triple taxes you gutless prick. And I may come fuck your little sister when I return.

I live for myself and yes I love having freedom.

Love it as you like. Thank us by serving us. You need to supply refreshments, pay more taxes and serve as our bitchboy. BTW: Have more daughters, you seem to have a good puss genetic structure.

I will do what the law says I have too, and I will pay taxes so you can risk your life for your decision; which does in fact benefit me.

Do you know why the legal system works? Force. It was the first topic of discussion in the Corp Law class I took in grad school.

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country!" Uh... NO...

Um...Yes, this is how we make things work. You are about to get voted off the island.

Mike
Mike, Go buy a foreign model car. You are not man enough to own an American bad-ass car.

Old March 23rd, 2004, 08:32 AM   #14
The Burn Clinic

Smackie is not afraid of bears with 11550 pointsSmackie is not afraid of bears with 11550 pointsSmackie is not afraid of bears with 11550 pointsSmackie is not afraid of bears with 11550 pointsSmackie is not afraid of bears with 11550 pointsSmackie is not afraid of bears with 11550 pointsSmackie is not afraid of bears with 11550 pointsSmackie is not afraid of bears with 11550 pointsSmackie is not afraid of bears with 11550 pointsSmackie is not afraid of bears with 11550 pointsSmackie is not afraid of bears with 11550 points

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadgetmann
Count me in. Active duty 1985 - 1987, US Army Rangers, MP.

If your answer is 'NO', move to fucking Russia, you commie pinko pull start bastard. Freedom is not free. 500+ have died in Iraq as proof.

Respectfully Yours,

Freedom Fighter
Outstanding! What class were you in? I believe that's when a buddy was there...right after Urgent Fury and right before Just Cause. A no mustard stain tour, unfortunately.

Thank you for your service.

Edit:Oh, and my answer is a resounding "YES...motherfucker!". I looked at every fucking way to waiver into an 18x or Option 40 contract not too long ago. Unfortunately, it seems I was destined to stay behind and train a platoon sized element of Texans with a penchant for .50 BMG.

Old March 23rd, 2004, 08:39 AM   #15

Joker made Varsity with 1470 pointsJoker made Varsity with 1470 pointsJoker made Varsity with 1470 pointsJoker made Varsity with 1470 pointsJoker made Varsity with 1470 pointsJoker made Varsity with 1470 pointsJoker made Varsity with 1470 pointsJoker made Varsity with 1470 pointsJoker made Varsity with 1470 pointsJoker made Varsity with 1470 points

Quote:

Mike

Our POS award goes tooooooooooooo: Mike!

I have never heard such a self serving pitch in my life. When the $hit hits the fan I am curious if this POS would proudly state such things. If a plane went down and we were starving you would be the first person I would gut and eat Mike. If I wasn't hungry you would still be the first person I would off.

You are entitled to your opinion. And I am entitled to mine and you sir are a POS.

Old March 23rd, 2004, 08:51 AM   #16

Confrontational is not afraid of bears with 85040 pointsConfrontational is not afraid of bears with 85040 pointsConfrontational is not afraid of bears with 85040 pointsConfrontational is not afraid of bears with 85040 pointsConfrontational is not afraid of bears with 85040 pointsConfrontational is not afraid of bears with 85040 pointsConfrontational is not afraid of bears with 85040 pointsConfrontational is not afraid of bears with 85040 pointsConfrontational is not afraid of bears with 85040 pointsConfrontational is not afraid of bears with 85040 pointsConfrontational is not afraid of bears with 85040 points

The answer is yes I would - but figured Pierce would be the first one here beginning the next drum beat of 'how could you when you have never officially served' crap...

Actually, if my business didn't necessarily suffer and we had to make a choice today - and I turned over all my pieces to people - I think I'd hop on a plane tomorrow and head over...

Would I send my kids if I had any - I would leave that up to them - but I would strongly support them if they decided to go.

Old March 23rd, 2004, 09:10 AM   #17

Joker made Varsity with 1470 pointsJoker made Varsity with 1470 pointsJoker made Varsity with 1470 pointsJoker made Varsity with 1470 pointsJoker made Varsity with 1470 pointsJoker made Varsity with 1470 pointsJoker made Varsity with 1470 pointsJoker made Varsity with 1470 pointsJoker made Varsity with 1470 pointsJoker made Varsity with 1470 points

There is no draft right now so I am not urging my nephew to join. I am past the age mark (33) so I couldn't re-enlist even if I wanted to. Interesting I was gung ho but now that I am older and my nephew looks up to me and was talking about joining the Marine Corps. I found myself trying to talk him out of it and if he joined, join the Air Force or Navy???? I guess it is a double edged sword. Nothing would make me more proud if he went in the Marine Corps but then again I also want him to have better odds of surviving in a war. This is the closest I have ever come to being the "role model" or father figure and I now have some idea why my mother cried when I said I joined the Marine Corps.

If there was a draft he had better step up to the plate though and not bitch out like a selfish pig like Mike W. We have our duty and Mike W has no idea what that means. Hell I would go as far as saying even if it came down to his family he might turn yellow. You think it stops at some point? What Mike has is a trait and knows no boundries. If ever tested Mike's loyalty to his own family members would crumble. He simply has no backbone and cannot see beyond his own selfishness and would sacrifice even his loved ones if need be. What a POS!

Old March 23rd, 2004, 09:13 AM   #18
Schadenfreude Connoisseur

Smokin is not afraid of bears with 10980 pointsSmokin is not afraid of bears with 10980 pointsSmokin is not afraid of bears with 10980 pointsSmokin is not afraid of bears with 10980 pointsSmokin is not afraid of bears with 10980 pointsSmokin is not afraid of bears with 10980 pointsSmokin is not afraid of bears with 10980 pointsSmokin is not afraid of bears with 10980 pointsSmokin is not afraid of bears with 10980 pointsSmokin is not afraid of bears with 10980 pointsSmokin is not afraid of bears with 10980 points

My answer is an overwhelming "YES"! It is a citizens duty to protect his/her country in a time of need. Id love nothing more than to be picking off idiotic ragehads. Sure, I might die, but what more honorable way is there to die? While in college I considered enlisting several times, but never committed to it. However if asked..absolutely.

Old March 23rd, 2004, 09:15 AM   #19
Schadenfreude Connoisseur

Smokin is not afraid of bears with 10980 pointsSmokin is not afraid of bears with 10980 pointsSmokin is not afraid of bears with 10980 pointsSmokin is not afraid of bears with 10980 pointsSmokin is not afraid of bears with 10980 pointsSmokin is not afraid of bears with 10980 pointsSmokin is not afraid of bears with 10980 pointsSmokin is not afraid of bears with 10980 pointsSmokin is not afraid of bears with 10980 pointsSmokin is not afraid of bears with 10980 pointsSmokin is not afraid of bears with 10980 points

Quote:

Mike
You are a disgrace to this country. Fuckin bleeding heart, selfish liberal. Fuck off, get off this site.

Old March 23rd, 2004, 10:07 AM   #20
Team Crown Recruiter

RockStar is not afraid of bears with 17984 pointsRockStar is not afraid of bears with 17984 pointsRockStar is not afraid of bears with 17984 pointsRockStar is not afraid of bears with 17984 pointsRockStar is not afraid of bears with 17984 pointsRockStar is not afraid of bears with 17984 pointsRockStar is not afraid of bears with 17984 pointsRockStar is not afraid of bears with 17984 pointsRockStar is not afraid of bears with 17984 pointsRockStar is not afraid of bears with 17984 pointsRockStar is not afraid of bears with 17984 points
Send a message via MSN to RockStar

Smoke, what do you expect from this shitstain? He's already gone on record to say that he wouldn't risk his life to save a child that was about to get hit by a car!

Mike, I've seen people like you my whole life. You're a bottom feeder, and a sponge to society.

Your mother should have swallowed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper » Back Alley » The Best Of ViperAlley

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in