Die for your Country? - Page 6 - Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper

Go Back   Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper » Back Alley » The Best Of ViperAlley
» Live Feed « · War Room · Graffiti Wall · Arcade · Viper Blogs ·  

The Best Of ViperAlley The best-of-the-best posts on ViperAlley!

Die for your Country?

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Re: Die for your Country?
Old March 24th, 2004, 12:23 AM   #101
CS
Focus!

CS is not afraid of bears with 5050 pointsCS is not afraid of bears with 5050 pointsCS is not afraid of bears with 5050 pointsCS is not afraid of bears with 5050 pointsCS is not afraid of bears with 5050 pointsCS is not afraid of bears with 5050 pointsCS is not afraid of bears with 5050 pointsCS is not afraid of bears with 5050 pointsCS is not afraid of bears with 5050 pointsCS is not afraid of bears with 5050 pointsCS is not afraid of bears with 5050 points

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_W
Quote:
Mike W have the luxury to be so flippant because they have never had their freedom threatened. They take it for granted.
Actually, that is what I have been thinking about today.

You are 100% correct. I was born into freedom, I have never experienced a deprived country or how the inhabitants live. I have never had my own personal freedom threatened. I have never been oppressed to where I personally had to fight.

But regardless of where I was born, my freedom is my right to life. I should not have to EARN it. If it is threatened and I value it, which I do, it is my responsibility to defend it and possibly die for it. But that has never been the case. I did not join the service. You people did. I never said I would not die fighting for my freedom... I said I would not die for my country simply because my country or any of you tell me I am supposed to. It is my choice. I either live in freedom, I die for freedom, or I am oppressed because I choose to do nothing. But that is my choice and not yours to make for me.

So I stand by my original statement.

Have an awesome, totally tubular day folks.

Mike
WTF is up with this "have a good day" bullshit.

Go fuck youself.
  Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 24th, 2004, 01:07 AM   #102

Snake Bitten is well liked with 170 pointsSnake Bitten is well liked with 170 points

I would defend our nations freedom, even for pussies like Mike...As an American, he has the right to be a Liberal pussy...

Now if we ever had to re-instate the draft, Mike's taking a bullet the first day...as there is no room for his kind on the battlefield...

WAR FREE LUNCH!

Old March 24th, 2004, 01:14 AM   #103

Gadgetmann is unremarkable with 10 points

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake Bitten
I would defend our nations freedom, even for pussies like Mike...As an American, he has the right to be a Liberal pussy...

Now if we ever had to re-instate the draft, Mike's taking a bullet the first day...as there is no room for his kind on the battlefield...

WAR FREE LUNCH!
Fuck that. Mike had better hope we don't sign up at the same draft depot or I'll do the deed before he ever hits enemy soil ....

WAR JOHN KERRY MISSISSIPPI LEG HUMPERS

Old March 24th, 2004, 01:14 AM   #104
Out to lunch

nohsreg2000 is not afraid of bears with 5932 pointsnohsreg2000 is not afraid of bears with 5932 pointsnohsreg2000 is not afraid of bears with 5932 pointsnohsreg2000 is not afraid of bears with 5932 pointsnohsreg2000 is not afraid of bears with 5932 pointsnohsreg2000 is not afraid of bears with 5932 pointsnohsreg2000 is not afraid of bears with 5932 pointsnohsreg2000 is not afraid of bears with 5932 pointsnohsreg2000 is not afraid of bears with 5932 pointsnohsreg2000 is not afraid of bears with 5932 pointsnohsreg2000 is not afraid of bears with 5932 points

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadgetmann

Yo Smack ... Army Rangers class 82A, Bad Tolz, Germany.

We have a problem. Ranger classes are designated by a prefix number of numeric order and a year number. I.E. their is no Class 82A. What FUCKING Ranger would EVER forget his class number EVER!!!!!!!!! For our home audience, this would be like forgeting your name.

And are you trying to say that you were in a Ranger prep class in Bad Tolz? or were you just TDY or Auxillary to The 75th or the 10th?

The only 82A I know of is the last letters for the civilian designation of the Berret. Or the 82 Airborn.

You had best get your shit strait, and unfuck yourself, You will be standing tall before the man and have to feed the Bear.

(If I am wrong, I will own up to it without hesitation, If I am wrong, Bennings best will buy me a cold one in Columbus for making sure the poop jives. Be it known, My experiance, contacts and knowledge are formidable in this area, and shall we say.....a bit first hand. to out yourself would be honerable, God fear the man that I must do it to.

Signed
I know where the shitter is at Benning.

Old March 24th, 2004, 01:26 AM   #105

Gadgetmann is unremarkable with 10 points

Fucking Internet Experts.

Did you serve, you Jew-sicle? Don't you fucking question me on my service. Have you ever considered that there is some shit in the world you don't know?

Check all you want, I went through US Army Ranger School class 82A ... October 86 (10-86). It was not held in Benning. It was held in Bad Tolz, Germany ... October 1986. There were satellite schools that started up in overseas locations to strengthen the force back in the day when Mohammar Quadafi was acting up. Germany was only one of those locations ... there were others. As such, the numerical assignment was different than the Benning classes. You are not the first to question the number, Mr. Fucking Expert, nor will you be the last. But my brothers of the 75th would put a bullet in your head for even talking to me unless you served.

Whiney internet bitch [img]/images/graemlins/supergrin.gif[/img]

Old March 24th, 2004, 01:36 AM   #106

Vanishing Point is not afraid of bears with 15186 pointsVanishing Point is not afraid of bears with 15186 pointsVanishing Point is not afraid of bears with 15186 pointsVanishing Point is not afraid of bears with 15186 pointsVanishing Point is not afraid of bears with 15186 pointsVanishing Point is not afraid of bears with 15186 pointsVanishing Point is not afraid of bears with 15186 pointsVanishing Point is not afraid of bears with 15186 pointsVanishing Point is not afraid of bears with 15186 pointsVanishing Point is not afraid of bears with 15186 pointsVanishing Point is not afraid of bears with 15186 points

Interesting thread.

George Bush Sr. would (served and was shot down in WWII).
John Kerry would (served in Viet Nam)
I'm not sure but I believe Dole served as well.

Clinton wouldn't (managed to avoid serving)
George W. Bush wouldn't (we all know that story)
Ronald Reagan wouldn't (got a dispensation to stay home when Bush Sr. was fighting and got to stay home and make movies instead)

Pretty heated thread.

How have you guys voted in the past?

More importantly how should you vote this fall
based on the obvious importance of being willing to die for your country?

I'm sure some of you guys will be angered by this
but you should really be thinking about what is important to you
in this argument
and if you feel the guy running things should have your values.

Me, I can't see myself voting for either.
I can't vote for Bush because of the very emotion of this thread
and the importance of what you guys are saying
and the value of choosing someone with the same values.

Old March 24th, 2004, 01:37 AM   #107

Snake Bitten is well liked with 170 pointsSnake Bitten is well liked with 170 points

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanishing Point
Interesting thread.

How bout voting for Homeland Security and keeping some of your paycheck...

Old March 24th, 2004, 01:40 AM   #108

Vanishing Point is not afraid of bears with 15186 pointsVanishing Point is not afraid of bears with 15186 pointsVanishing Point is not afraid of bears with 15186 pointsVanishing Point is not afraid of bears with 15186 pointsVanishing Point is not afraid of bears with 15186 pointsVanishing Point is not afraid of bears with 15186 pointsVanishing Point is not afraid of bears with 15186 pointsVanishing Point is not afraid of bears with 15186 pointsVanishing Point is not afraid of bears with 15186 pointsVanishing Point is not afraid of bears with 15186 pointsVanishing Point is not afraid of bears with 15186 points

Naw.

I'd vote for Colin Powell if he'd run
and maybe Wesley Clark
but not the two guys running now.

Old March 24th, 2004, 01:52 AM   #109

Quote:
Naw.

I'd vote for Colin Powell if he'd run
and maybe Wesley Clark
but not the two guys running now.
So you're voting for more terror attacks and higher taxes...got it..

Wesley Clark was fired from his NATO post for "ethical problems"...wonder what that means???

Old March 24th, 2004, 01:58 AM   #110

Well, I'm not voting for someone who wouldn't die for his country.

I don't think "ethical problems" = "wouldn't die for country".

Old March 24th, 2004, 02:00 AM   #111

Quote:
Well, I'm not voting for someone who wouldn't die for his country.

I don't think "ethical problems" = "wouldn't die for country".

What would you consider the highest military rank? Of the 250,000,000 Americans, who is most likely to be assasinated???

Old March 24th, 2004, 02:03 AM   #112

"Of the 250,000,000 Americans, who is most likely to be assasinated???"

The guy working the graveyard shift at the 24 hour AM PM mini market down by my old high school.

Old March 24th, 2004, 02:04 AM   #113

Vanishing Point...Don't use this thread to be a Liberal pussy...Just come out of the closet...Your mind was made up long before reading this thread...And I didn't catch in which branch you served???

Hey, you didn't recently get married up in San Fran???

Old March 24th, 2004, 02:11 AM   #114
Out to lunch

nohsreg2000 is not afraid of bears with 5932 pointsnohsreg2000 is not afraid of bears with 5932 pointsnohsreg2000 is not afraid of bears with 5932 pointsnohsreg2000 is not afraid of bears with 5932 pointsnohsreg2000 is not afraid of bears with 5932 pointsnohsreg2000 is not afraid of bears with 5932 pointsnohsreg2000 is not afraid of bears with 5932 pointsnohsreg2000 is not afraid of bears with 5932 pointsnohsreg2000 is not afraid of bears with 5932 pointsnohsreg2000 is not afraid of bears with 5932 pointsnohsreg2000 is not afraid of bears with 5932 points

Gadgetmann

As I said I would, I acquiesce in totality for my ignorance.

And you bet your ass I served. Not being an old man, my history of off campus Ranger Schools is a little fuzzy. Thankfully we have identified the one thing I dont know. at least now I dont have to worry about being a candidate for universal saviour. I think you might have hit your head on the side of a 141 after a tragic static line incident if the best you can do is make an anti-semitic remark. Thats fine I prefer to know where people stand. Now since we are making threats, Is this the point were I insert that my young Army buddies can beat up your old Army buddies? Or do we try to see who can pull the trump card at Microsoft? (the Smack was for the Jew card)

Personally I would prefer to end it here. I was wrong, And you have chewed enough mud to make you a credit to America, You have my respect.(My true feelings because you have the Tab)

Old March 24th, 2004, 02:11 AM   #115

And this is the part of the thread that I'm supposed to get mad, right?

Sorry, I don't play that.

Never served
but I'm not planning to run America.

I'm a Libertarian on social issues
and strongly believe in the Constitution on other issues.

But if a desire to die for your country is what characterizes a great man
then I'd say George W. Bush is not the right choice.

Call me all the names you want
but Colin Powell and Wesley Clark did their penance
and by the criteria of this thread are both worthy to run this country.

Old March 24th, 2004, 02:13 AM   #116

And George Bush Sr. as well. (now there was a President I respected)

Old March 24th, 2004, 02:14 AM   #117

Quote:
But if a desire to die for your country is what characterizes a great man
then I'd say George W. Bush is not the right choice.

So as President of the United States, GW is not risking his life...

Old March 24th, 2004, 02:18 AM   #118

He seems pretty well protected.

I don't think you can really compare the "danger" of being the President
to that of being a soldier (especially in WWII or Viet Nam).

That seems to be pretty demeaning to those who actually served.

Old March 24th, 2004, 02:22 AM   #119

Quote:
He seems pretty well protected.

I don't think you can really compare the "danger" of being the President
to that of being a soldier (especially in WWII or Viet Nam).

That seems to be pretty demeaning to those who actually served.

How many presidents have been assasinated or shot???

Old March 24th, 2004, 02:28 AM   #120

As opposed to how many soldiers?

Or how many liquor store owners?

Or how many graveyard shift workers at the local Quikie Mart?

Or folks living in the Desire housing project in New Orleans?

I'm not really sure I get your point.

I think most would agree that a one year tour in Viet Nam
was much more dangerous than being President for 8 years.

I might be wrong.
I'm sure others will weigh in with their opinions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper » Back Alley » The Best Of ViperAlley

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in