Die for your Country? - Page 5 - Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper

Go Back   Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper » Back Alley » The Best Of ViperAlley
» Live Feed « · War Room · Graffiti Wall · Arcade · Viper Blogs ·  

The Best Of ViperAlley The best-of-the-best posts on ViperAlley!

Die for your Country?

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Re: Die for your Country?
Old March 23rd, 2004, 05:46 PM   #81

SilverRT/10 is not afraid of bears with 11060 pointsSilverRT/10 is not afraid of bears with 11060 pointsSilverRT/10 is not afraid of bears with 11060 pointsSilverRT/10 is not afraid of bears with 11060 pointsSilverRT/10 is not afraid of bears with 11060 pointsSilverRT/10 is not afraid of bears with 11060 pointsSilverRT/10 is not afraid of bears with 11060 pointsSilverRT/10 is not afraid of bears with 11060 pointsSilverRT/10 is not afraid of bears with 11060 pointsSilverRT/10 is not afraid of bears with 11060 pointsSilverRT/10 is not afraid of bears with 11060 points

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_W

WHOAAA... that right there is complete bullshit.

I am not a believer of AA whatsoever. Quite the contrary.

Mike
Didn't you say this earlier?

Quote:

But you guys are the bastards! Driving Vipers when others have to drive Hondas. What makes you any better or deserving? Why should you be allowed to drive a Viper when they can barely afford a used Toyota?
Aren't white people really the bastards? We drive nice cars while blacks are left in the ghetto, right? How come I'm any more deserving than a black person? That's a completely fair argument based on your previous statements. So, I would say deep down, you ARE in fact in favor of quotas and AA you just won't admit to it. It's pretty embarassing
  Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 23rd, 2004, 05:47 PM   #82
Diamond Supporter

_Mark_ is not afraid of bears with 2698 points_Mark_ is not afraid of bears with 2698 points_Mark_ is not afraid of bears with 2698 points_Mark_ is not afraid of bears with 2698 points_Mark_ is not afraid of bears with 2698 points_Mark_ is not afraid of bears with 2698 points_Mark_ is not afraid of bears with 2698 points_Mark_ is not afraid of bears with 2698 points_Mark_ is not afraid of bears with 2698 points_Mark_ is not afraid of bears with 2698 points_Mark_ is not afraid of bears with 2698 points
Send a message via AIM to _Mark_ Send a message via Yahoo to _Mark_

The shear fact that any of us have what we have and enjoy what we do is a result of the country we live in and the freedoms it affords us. It is also a result of every serviceman who died for this country.

To me, its a contract. If you live here and enjoy this country's freedoms, then you sure as hell better be ready if this country needs you. Otherwise, get the fuck out. Maybe France or Spain would suit you better.

Just like somebody said, Freedom ain't free.

Old March 23rd, 2004, 05:50 PM   #83

Mike_W is a B-Teamer with 70 points

Quote:
As for the emotional part, I am still adjusting after 12 years
I meant one emotion, a very important emotion to you (your sense of duty) was fulfilled. I am actually not even certain if I placed it in the correct context by terming it an emotion... I should have called it a very important belief you that you held was fulfilled. I do appologise for the insulting context I just placed it in. It was not intentional.

If you are insulted because your beliefs and mine are not the same... too bad... I don't have to share your belief. But I would never make fun, or try and belittle anything you, or anyone else of you have experienced. And I see that this is where this is headed, and I don't want to take it there.

So I am not going to. That easy.

Mike

Old March 23rd, 2004, 05:52 PM   #84

SilverRT/10 is not afraid of bears with 11060 pointsSilverRT/10 is not afraid of bears with 11060 pointsSilverRT/10 is not afraid of bears with 11060 pointsSilverRT/10 is not afraid of bears with 11060 pointsSilverRT/10 is not afraid of bears with 11060 pointsSilverRT/10 is not afraid of bears with 11060 pointsSilverRT/10 is not afraid of bears with 11060 pointsSilverRT/10 is not afraid of bears with 11060 pointsSilverRT/10 is not afraid of bears with 11060 pointsSilverRT/10 is not afraid of bears with 11060 pointsSilverRT/10 is not afraid of bears with 11060 points

Quote:
Quote:
Once again dumbass, our economy thrives off of competition. That's a jock-strap-washer-for-the-JV-team attempt at an analogy.
And being competitive requires one to be self centered, which means looking out for one's self

Mike

You missed the point again. If competition makes our economy grow, and a growing economy helps all Americans, than you are NOT being selfish by making your compeititor work harder to catch up with you. At this point I won't hold my breath hoping you can understand that.

Old March 23rd, 2004, 05:54 PM   #85

Joker made Varsity with 1470 pointsJoker made Varsity with 1470 pointsJoker made Varsity with 1470 pointsJoker made Varsity with 1470 pointsJoker made Varsity with 1470 pointsJoker made Varsity with 1470 pointsJoker made Varsity with 1470 pointsJoker made Varsity with 1470 pointsJoker made Varsity with 1470 pointsJoker made Varsity with 1470 points

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 R/T 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker
There is no draft right now so I am not urging my nephew to join. I am past the age mark (33) so I couldn't re-enlist even if I wanted to. Interesting I was gung ho but now that I am older and my nephew looks up to me and was talking about joining the Marine Corps. I found myself trying to talk him out of it and if he joined, join the Air Force or Navy???? I guess it is a double edged sword. Nothing would make me more proud if he went in the Marine Corps but then again I also want him to have better odds of surviving in a war. This is the closest I have ever come to being the "role model" or father figure and I now have some idea why my mother cried when I said I joined the Marine Corps.
Hey Joker, actually you can get a waiver to get beck in up to the age of 35. I would personally recommed the Air Force, but the Marines are an outstanding Corps!

I didn't know about the waiver. I tried to re-enlist before but was denied. I guess they don't taking hitting a superior officer lightly [img]/images/graemlins/smiles[/img] and there was something about my mental stability. Minor in my mind.

Old March 23rd, 2004, 05:55 PM   #86

I have to respond to this:

Quote:

So said Mike_W:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But you guys are the bastards! Driving Vipers when others have to drive Hondas. What makes you any better or deserving? Why should you be allowed to drive a Viper when they can barely afford a used Toyota?

I was being sarcastic. I was trying to make the point that if you earn something, it is your right to keep it and not be forced to give it away. I feel like everything you have acquired in life, be it your memories, your beliefs, values, morals, and property are yours... they are in essence what makes your life... and I don't think it is anyone's right to tell you to give what you have earned away (your life). It should be the person's choice.
Mike

Old March 23rd, 2004, 05:58 PM   #87

Joker made Varsity with 1470 pointsJoker made Varsity with 1470 pointsJoker made Varsity with 1470 pointsJoker made Varsity with 1470 pointsJoker made Varsity with 1470 pointsJoker made Varsity with 1470 pointsJoker made Varsity with 1470 pointsJoker made Varsity with 1470 pointsJoker made Varsity with 1470 pointsJoker made Varsity with 1470 points

Quote:

Quote:

So said Mike_W:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was being sarcastic. I was trying to make the point that if you earn something, it is your right to keep it and not be forced to give it away. I feel like everything you have acquired in life, be it your memories, your beliefs, values, morals, and property are yours... they are in essence what makes your life... and I don't think it is anyone's right to tell you to give what you have earned away (your life). It should be the person's choice.
Mike

Hey Buddah Stain,

That sounds all nice and all but you still don't get it and I am tired of entertaining a child.

Old March 23rd, 2004, 05:59 PM   #88
BADVENOM

Buddah Stain?

Old March 23rd, 2004, 06:38 PM   #89

b3rndtt0ast is not afraid of bears with 6462 pointsb3rndtt0ast is not afraid of bears with 6462 pointsb3rndtt0ast is not afraid of bears with 6462 pointsb3rndtt0ast is not afraid of bears with 6462 pointsb3rndtt0ast is not afraid of bears with 6462 pointsb3rndtt0ast is not afraid of bears with 6462 pointsb3rndtt0ast is not afraid of bears with 6462 pointsb3rndtt0ast is not afraid of bears with 6462 pointsb3rndtt0ast is not afraid of bears with 6462 pointsb3rndtt0ast is not afraid of bears with 6462 pointsb3rndtt0ast is not afraid of bears with 6462 points
Send a message via AIM to b3rndtt0ast

Quote:

Quote:

So said Mike_W:

Mike
what have you done to earn your freedom? being born here doesnt count.

Old March 23rd, 2004, 06:49 PM   #90

Thin Man made Varsity with 1431 pointsThin Man made Varsity with 1431 pointsThin Man made Varsity with 1431 pointsThin Man made Varsity with 1431 pointsThin Man made Varsity with 1431 pointsThin Man made Varsity with 1431 pointsThin Man made Varsity with 1431 pointsThin Man made Varsity with 1431 pointsThin Man made Varsity with 1431 pointsThin Man made Varsity with 1431 points

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schillinger
So is Mike the guy that posted about the leather stain?

If so, why did he do that? What was in it for him to share his little leather secret? Nothing! He did it because he wanted to share with others.

See, Mike, you are all tough on the outside, but we see through to your some marshmallow interior (didn't I say this before?).
This is off topic completely -

Hehe. Dude...

I am a really nice guy. What no one seems to understand, is that I am nice because I don't take advantage of people and EXPECT anything from them. Unless I have hired them to do something for me, then whomever I associate with will have a mutally beneficial relationship with me. I don't take advantage of weak people, and I don't walk over them either.

I employ people, and believe it or not, they LOVE their job and their "boss". I don't expect more from them than I am willing to pay them.

I am laughing because most of you think I am an idiot or brute or combination of both... but honestly I am one of the first people to jump in to help someone when they need it. But it is because IT MAKES ME HAPPY TO DO SOMETHING NICE - not because I HAVE TO as a human being.

I am not sure about the leather tidbit. I might have written something about it. Basically, I had a 4 month old couch I just paid $1750 for. I bought an entire front room set that cost me a little over $5000 and it was based on that color. A month after the couch was delivered, parts of it began fading really bad. I called Levitz, and they told me they would send me a Merchandise Certificate to buy a new couch and leave me the old couch since the manufacturer of said couch had gone out of business. This put me in a bind, I told them I preferred that they pick EVERYTHING up and give me a replacement value voucher so I could make everything match. They told me nope and sent out the one cert so I could have a mismatched couch. Kind of bummed me out. Then I found leather dye stain on the internet for $18.00. I put it on the couch, and it matches completely. Made me very happy, couch looks brand new. And then I went and spent that $1750 merchandise certificate there and decided I would not shop there anymore.

Mike
I swear this sounds like the drunken ramblings from GThomas..........

So not only are you a coward... you are a hypocrite and you do take advantage of others?

You are a good role model. Your opinion really matters to me...... NOT!

Old March 23rd, 2004, 07:18 PM   #91

Thin Man made Varsity with 1431 pointsThin Man made Varsity with 1431 pointsThin Man made Varsity with 1431 pointsThin Man made Varsity with 1431 pointsThin Man made Varsity with 1431 pointsThin Man made Varsity with 1431 pointsThin Man made Varsity with 1431 pointsThin Man made Varsity with 1431 pointsThin Man made Varsity with 1431 pointsThin Man made Varsity with 1431 points

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BADVENOM
Thank god Joker you changed that horrifying picture.DAMN THAT WAS FUGLY
I have a nice one of me with my billy bob teeth in!

p.s. BV please feel free to gang rape Mike W. He said he thinks you have pretty eyes.
He also said he thought you have DSLs........

.... that would be Dick Sucking Lips.

.... Go get 'im BV!

Old March 23rd, 2004, 08:19 PM   #92

99RT10&GTS is not afraid of bears with 105904 points99RT10&GTS is not afraid of bears with 105904 points99RT10&GTS is not afraid of bears with 105904 points99RT10&GTS is not afraid of bears with 105904 points99RT10&GTS is not afraid of bears with 105904 points99RT10&GTS is not afraid of bears with 105904 points99RT10&GTS is not afraid of bears with 105904 points99RT10&GTS is not afraid of bears with 105904 points99RT10&GTS is not afraid of bears with 105904 points99RT10&GTS is not afraid of bears with 105904 points99RT10&GTS is not afraid of bears with 105904 points

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 R/T 10
Quote:
There is no draft right now so I am not urging my nephew to join. I am past the age mark (33) so I couldn't re-enlist even if I wanted to. Interesting I was gung ho but now that I am older and my nephew looks up to me and was talking about joining the Marine Corps. I found myself trying to talk him out of it and if he joined, join the Air Force or Navy???? I guess it is a double edged sword. Nothing would make me more proud if he went in the Marine Corps but then again I also want him to have better odds of surviving in a war. This is the closest I have ever come to being the "role model" or father figure and I now have some idea why my mother cried when I said I joined the Marine Corps.
Hey Joker, actually you can get a waiver to get beck in up to the age of 35. I would personally recommed the Air Force, but the Marines are an outstanding Corps!

I didn't know about the waiver. I tried to re-enlist before but was denied. I guess they don't taking hitting a superior officer lightly [img]/images/graemlins/smiles[/img] and there was something about my mental stability. Minor in my mind.
Dude, he probably desreved it too

Old March 23rd, 2004, 08:26 PM   #93

99RT10&GTS is not afraid of bears with 105904 points99RT10&GTS is not afraid of bears with 105904 points99RT10&GTS is not afraid of bears with 105904 points99RT10&GTS is not afraid of bears with 105904 points99RT10&GTS is not afraid of bears with 105904 points99RT10&GTS is not afraid of bears with 105904 points99RT10&GTS is not afraid of bears with 105904 points99RT10&GTS is not afraid of bears with 105904 points99RT10&GTS is not afraid of bears with 105904 points99RT10&GTS is not afraid of bears with 105904 points99RT10&GTS is not afraid of bears with 105904 points

It is obvious that this is a kid (my guess 17-20) and I refuse to argue with somebody that has no base reference for what we all know. The kid has to live it for himself, more likely he will never get it. Personally, I don't give a shit either way. I will still do what I believe in for America, even if the country contains POS's like him.

Old March 23rd, 2004, 11:05 PM   #94

Jay H is unremarkable with 10 points

I love my country more than my wife, more than my 6 year old son, more than my 2 year old little girl. Because without this country and the freedoms in which we have, my life with them would not be what it is today and I would hate to see how that would be, look at other parts of the world where democracy has not been tried. Thats what it would be..I would kill anyone with a hot wheels car if my country asked me to in a time of desperate need. To everyone who is serving now or who has ever searved.....You have my respect and my pledge to keep up what others have started....

Old March 23rd, 2004, 11:30 PM   #95

Gadgetmann is unremarkable with 10 points

OK. As much as Mike makes me sick, I served and busted ass so that he would have the right to post this shit. As much as I disagree, he has the right to lay it out there. Here's the funny part - most guys like Mike W have the luxury to be so flippant because they have never had their freedom threatened. They take it for granted. They have never seen the perils of war, or of a tyrannical government. (Sorry, this is coming across so serious [img]/images/graemlins/smiles[/img])

Mike, if someone flew over your house (or KinderCare, probably) and killed your dog, murdered your family, took all your money, and made you pick green beans for $2 an hour (probably a raise for you) ... then lets see if you would fight to get back your life. Move to Haiti or fucking China for a year, then come back and tell me this. Having served my whole tour overseas, trust me you would change your tune. You Fuck.

For what it's worth, I think Mike is an AE and he is just fucking with people. 1 in a million real red-blooded Americans would really believe as he does.

Yo Smack ... Army Rangers class 82A, Bad Tolz, Germany.

Old March 23rd, 2004, 11:48 PM   #96

Quote:
Mike W have the luxury to be so flippant because they have never had their freedom threatened. They take it for granted.
Actually, that is what I have been thinking about today.

You are 100% correct. I was born into freedom, I have never experienced a deprived country or how the inhabitants live. I have never had my own personal freedom threatened. I have never been oppressed to where I personally had to fight.

But regardless of where I was born, my freedom is my right to life. I should not have to EARN it. If it is threatened and I value it, which I do, it is my responsibility to defend it and possibly die for it. But that has never been the case. I did not join the service. You people did. I never said I would not die fighting for my freedom... I said I would not die for my country simply because my country or any of you tell me I am supposed to. It is my choice. I either live in freedom, I die for freedom, or I am oppressed because I choose to do nothing. But that is my choice and not yours to make for me.

So I stand by my original statement.

Have an awesome, totally tubular day folks.

Mike

Old March 23rd, 2004, 11:49 PM   #97

Quote:
Mike, if someone flew over your house (or KinderCare, probably) and killed your dog, murdered your family, took all your money, and made you pick green beans for $2 an hour (probably a raise for you) ... then lets see if you would fight to get back your life. Move to Haiti or fucking China for a year, then come back and tell me this. Having served my whole tour overseas, trust me you would change your tune. You Fuck.
Like I have been saying all along, that is me defending my freedom, not dying for my country because everyone says I should.

Mike

Old March 23rd, 2004, 11:53 PM   #98

Freedom is not free, Nancy. By defending it, you run the risk of taking a bullet in the ass.

Or in the temple, if we are lucky.

Old March 24th, 2004, 12:02 AM   #99

Viper is unremarkable with 10 points

What's worth fighting and dying for?

-God
-Family
-Country

Old March 24th, 2004, 12:14 AM   #100

PS, Defending your freedom and Dying for your Country are synonymous in many cases (that means the same).

58,000 examples of that in Vietnam alone.

Mike, I am now convinced you are really John Kerry hiding behind a fake name ... you and the rest of the democrats should move to Afghanistan. Damn liberals - Ugh.

Oh, and you have no chance of beating Bush. Give it up.

Go Georgie, Go Georgie, it's your Birthday ....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper » Back Alley » The Best Of ViperAlley

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in