Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper - View Single Post - Screw the 1/4 mile, who wants to run the mile?!
View Single Post

Re: Screw the 1/4 mile, who wants to run the mile?!
Old November 14th, 2005, 02:04 PM   #14
SVS Turbo

SVS Turbo is The Man with 1910 pointsSVS Turbo is The Man with 1910 pointsSVS Turbo is The Man with 1910 pointsSVS Turbo is The Man with 1910 pointsSVS Turbo is The Man with 1910 pointsSVS Turbo is The Man with 1910 pointsSVS Turbo is The Man with 1910 pointsSVS Turbo is The Man with 1910 pointsSVS Turbo is The Man with 1910 pointsSVS Turbo is The Man with 1910 pointsSVS Turbo is The Man with 1910 points
Re: Screw the 1/4 mile, who wants to run the mile?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Hennessey

We ran 210.2 mph in a standing mile event (Road & Track shootout) with a head wind. The only reason we havent run this car at sand hills and other mile events is that it is a total street car and does not have a roll cage etc. I think a well prepared Viper race car could run over 230 mph in the standing mile if somebody really wanted to.
Nothing against a gathering of vehicles for the promotion of selling magazines but, I was refering to a sanctioned competitive event that is an open invitation to ALL and is held for the purpose of growing the event and competing each year. The types of events that I'm speaking of are goverened by similar "rules" across the board and grow competition between similar vehicles.

Mainly I'm relating to sanctioned racing events, not a marketing event. Marketing events are held primarily to sell magazines.

The Maxton monster mile, The Texas standing mile, The Sandhills standing mile, The Silver State classic standing mile, etc. all have a governing body that focuses on upholding the "rules" and keeping things as safe as possible.

One of the most important factors of a sanctioned racing event is that you get wrote up in the record books :thumb: It would be awesome if you were recognized and in the record books at a sanctioned event for that 210mph standing mile :thumb: