Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper - View Single Post - Kelly blue book price vs asking price vs actual sales price
View Single Post

Re: Kelly blue book price vs asking price vs actual sales price
Old November 13th, 2005, 12:08 PM   #8
fervor
Enthusiast

fervor is unremarkable with 10 points
Re: Kelly blue book price vs asking price vs actual sales price

I paid around $48K for a 97 B/W and felt it was a deal after looking all summer. It had nearly 17,000 miles on it, the original Pilots (a minus), and it wasn't super detailed. It was a great car that I immediately made better by detailing it correctly, replacing a front wheel that was dinged up (I wound up dinging that same wheel the second day I had it in an over zealous driving incident) and I wound up fixing the AC.

After looking as long as I did, this was the least expensive B/W GTS I found and I felt I was lucky. I did make sure to check not only CarFax, but also with the Dodge dealer network. The Dodge guys can tell you what's in their database for repairs and often their database was WAY more help than CarFax. I was saved from a lemon of a GTS after CarFax checked out fine but the Dodge database showed tons of engine repairs and leak repairs on the car.

As far as high mile DD Vipers go, I really didn't see any. For one, there weren't that many B/W GTS' for sale over a 5 or so month period before finding one I bought. I probably did research on a total of only 5 or 6 cars. Only one of those had more than 30K miles - keep in mind we're talking about 96/97 only. My guess is that not many Vipers are daily drivers.

-bob