Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper - View Single Post - Screw the 1/4 mile, who wants to run the mile?!
View Single Post

Re: Screw the 1/4 mile, who wants to run the mile?!
Old November 9th, 2005, 04:44 PM   #3
shiphteey

shiphteey is unremarkable with 20 points
Re: Screw the 1/4 mile, who wants to run the mile?!

HAHA! Who said I was tough? How come I haven't hit 200 yet? Lots of reasons really. Still had my stock signals on, it was my 3rd nitrous pass ever, had the K&Ns in instead of the BMC, I'm a rookie, its a simple set with a filter, pipe and a 40 shot dry....Total cost of all this including the bike is about 10grand with labor...

I'm presume there are vipers out there that are able to trap the mile in 200, never that there weren't. I asked if there were...maybe someone here has already ran it and knew firsthand. My purpose wasn't to have a pissing contest. I mentioned the 2 vipers I pulled on the street because, quite frankly, in a hwy roll-on modified vipers have a tough time due to tirespin. I've seen it myself. And that was when I was on an 87 1100 nat asp dynoing maybe 130 hp, not my present 215 hp or so. Next time out I should be hitting 200-201 right before the limiter btw.

And as you may be aware Lee ran 260 mph on a street legal turbo busa trapping on 1 wheel in 6th....doubt ANY viper is touching that ANY time soon IN THE MILE, PERIOD!

Again, my purpose was solely to let some viper boys know about it in case they didn't. Simple. There are only a handful of bikes out there that can hit those speeds and I already know most of em who run it...so I thought why not extend the offer to car guys too? First car that popped into my head was the viper so here I am.

A.

P.S. I've thought about running bonneville but I'm in the DC area...kinda impractical for now but I do plan on running it. You'd probably get me even if I sprayed a lil more and geared taller, who knows. But since you seem so confident that your car is so quick why not even up the playing field and come out to Maxton next spring I would venture to say that at least in the mile (see subject line of post) you wouldn't be trapping 200 and if so, it wouldn't be much more than that. Come on, I know you got money. I'm a broke ass bike owner who uses a 1.0L 3 cyl geo to tow to and from the track! No shame in my game. I simply don't have the funds or means to come out to Maxton...your car is probably worth more than my combined assets in life! That being said it would be more feasible for you to come out here, Mr. Bonneville.