3 out of 3 rags agree. Viper is shittiest in class! Mag scans grab a beer

9K views 97 replies 34 participants last post by  NOITALL 
#1 ·
YEY DODGE!!!!

Enjoy!

See less See more
#3 ·
Re: 3 out of 3 rags agree. Viper is shittiest in class! Mag scans grab a be

i just wanna see what happens in real life with the two cars. i dont hold those mags to what they say..its all about advertising.

#4 ·

plumcrazy said:
i just wanna see what happens in real life with the two cars. i dont hold those mags to what they say..its all about advertising.
numbers don't lie. look at all the 1/4 mile numbers for the Z. All 125+ mph passes except for R&T (wtf numbers?). They aren't sandbagging the viper, it's just a heavy bitch with tall gearing.

#6 ·

...given the choice between the two of them on the track, all of us preferred the viper. We scored the viper a 10 out of 10 and gave the z06 a 6...

The magazines even picked the 03 Z06 over the Viper SRT 10 in several articles. They always suckled GMs nipples, they must get free cars out of the deal. Why the Coupe test mules perform worse than the srt-verts is anybodies guess. What happened to the 11.7 123 1/4 mile runs and 97ft 60-0 braking test results?
ANd how bout that NONSENSE dyno test????Did you read what they did? THey take into account the cars areodynamics and such and "adjust accordingly" what the HP and torque would REALLY be?? WTF

#7 ·

craig, i dont believe half of what i read. im too cynical to believe a magazine editor. i sold a car once to a magazine and the guy told me the deal on that kinda shit. its ALL about advertising and who ya know.

but we shall see.

im NOT a huge fan of DC lately so im really on YOUR side on the srt bashing or negativity

#8 ·

Fucking SRT. The car understeers?! :rolleyes:

I'm not a huge magazine guy but this is just ridiculous. Is it spinning it's inside rear wheel in one of those shots? A hearty "fuck off!" is in order for the people who thought that it would be a good idea to civilize this car. (And put a GTS rear-end on it)

Please, if anyone from DC is reading - do yourself a favor and jump off of a bridge. You've mainstreamed the Viper and ruined it's flair. Or, don't jump off of a bridge and get your shit straight for next year with a more attractive, lightweight, Quaife'd, grippier, and stronger-motored Coupe.

EDIT: And Miguel would say that it had a 'commanding' road presence and it's acceleration was 'right on cue'. He'd say that while getting a reacharound from his PR consituents and watching the Z06 drive on by and become a superior track-car. "More focus groups, please!" Fucker.

#9 ·

Amongst all articles....This is Not Good news!

Damn!!

#10 ·

Viper06SrtCoupe said:
...given the choice between the two of them on the track, all of us preferred the viper. We scored the viper a 10 out of 10 and gave the z06 a 6...

The magazines even picked the 03 Z06 over the Viper SRT 10 in several articles. They always suckled GMs nipples, they must get free cars out of the deal. Why the Coupe test mules perform worse than the srt-verts is anybodies guess. What happened to the 11.7 123 1/4 mile runs and 97ft 60-0 braking test results?
ANd how bout that NONSENSE dyno test????Did you read what they did? THey take into account the cars areodynamics and such and "adjust accordingly" what the HP and torque would REALLY be?? WTF

You would be framing every fucking page and mounting it on your wall if it made the SRT look good.

#11 ·

we're number 1!

eh.. id still rather have a gt with a decent motor.

#12 ·

Craig201MPH said:
You would be framing every fucking page and mounting it on your wall if it made the SRT look good.
Really? I dont even have the magazines, retard. Looks like you do, and love posting the articles on the net, since, well, you dont have your car to drive, its "500 miles away :rofl:" . So keep reading there, mag rat. Too bad you werent into girlie mags like Hustler or Penthouse so you could post some good pics, but pics of the naked men you jack off too wont go over here too well, so please dont post those.

#13 ·

Viper06SrtCoupe said:
Really? I dont even have the magazines, retard. Looks like you do, and love posting the articles on the net, since, well, you dont have your car to drive, its "500 miles away :rofl:" . So keep reading there, mag rat. Too bad you werent into girlie mags like Hustler or Penthouse so you could post some good pics, but pics of the naked men you jack off too wont go over here too well, so please dont post those.

zing on that one. go run out and admire your car in the garage. Congrats on third place.

#15 ·

Craig201MPH said:
zing on that one. go run out and admire your car in the garage. Congrats on third place.
Hows a distant 4th feeling for you :rofl: in every catergory???
You must not be spending much time studying away at school 500 miles from your 4th place (if it was even considered in the competition, but it wasnt, maybe agaisnt the Mustang GT it would fare OK} car, so you drum up nonsense on here to try and get people upset or into arguements or whatever. Guess you dont get much pussy either, and you dont get to drive your 4th place Mustang level car to pick up the girls, wait, Im mean guys, with. Quick, what was on page 17 of last years Car & Driver? :bowdown: You are a magazine pundit, kind of like those "idiot savants" with car magazine times. Why bother reading them, Ill just PM you for results....How did my 2006 M5 on order do? Maybe Ill cancel it since it might get second to a S600 :cursin:
I mean really, I never saw any post from you where you mention anything thats not negative about something, but Ill go back to post # 16,546 and see, or maybe 8,533 and look there. :tool:

#16 ·

Viper06SrtCoupe said:
Hows a distant 4th feeling for you :rofl: in every catergory???
You must not be spending much time studying away at school 500 miles from your 4th place (if it was even considered in the competition, but it wasnt, maybe agaisnt the Mustang GT it would fare OK} car, so you drum up nonsense on here to try and get people upset or into arguements or whatever. Guess you dont get much pussy either, and you dont get to drive your 4th place Mustang level car to pick up the girls, wait, Im mean guys, with. Quick, what was on page 17 of last years Car & Driver? :bowdown: You are a magazine pundit, kind of like those "idiot savants" with car magazine times. Why bother reading them, Ill just PM you for results....How did my 2006 M5 on order do? Maybe Ill cancel it since it might get second to a S600 :cursin:
I mean really, I never saw any post from you where you mention anything thats not negative about something, but Ill go back to post # 16,546 and see, or maybe 8,533 and look there. :tool:
I'd hope that a 10 year old car isn't still placing first.. The funny thing is, a gen 2 GTS is closer to an SRT-coupe than a SRT-coupe is to a Z06 in terms of performance. :rofl:

Kepp up the good work, watching you try and come up with something even remotely insulting is comical.

#17 ·

3.4 seconds to 60? great......LG motorsport Z06 just hit 505 rwhp with pro longtube headers and experimental cam without any kind of tuning, how the hell did they get a 3.4 though, thats insanely fast....what does a carrera GT do?

#20 ·

Craig201MPH said:
I'd hope that a 10 year old car isn't still placing first.. The funny thing is, a gen 2 GTS is closer to an SRT-coupe than a SRT-coupe is to a Z06 in terms of performance. :rofl:

Kepp up the good work, watching you try and come up with something even remotely insulting is comical.
"try and come up with"? :rofl: The facts are enough, you're on the edge of embarrassment as it stands. :stupid:

#21 ·

#1viper said:
I was wondering that same thing how the fuck did the corvette get 0-60 in 3.4 seconds.
I think 3100lbs is a big help! I was a passenger in a Z06 racing another car and let me tell you that the Z06 is no joke! It feels light and it feels pretty damn fast even at stock! It reminds me of my 996TT when it was stock - it actually even feels a little faster and that's amazing considering how fast my Porsche felt even before mods! :cool:

#22 ·

The Z06 seems to have the Viper this round. I'm sure I'm not alone in wishing there was a bigger difference in not only performance (in the Viper's favor) but also in looks.

I'm not a 'vette guy, but I respect what they've come up with. Pretty impressive that they can run a normally aspirated 7.0L V8 and run with the company they do - particularly at the price. I just hope it's a wakeup call for D-C like others have noted here. It would be great to see something good come of this - all those reviews can't have fallen on deaf ears there at D-C I'd hope.

-bob

#25 ·

Viper06SrtCoupe said:
"try and come up with"? :rofl: The facts are enough, you're on the edge of embarrassment as it stands. :stupid:

What facts? The ones that state you bought the turd of the group?

#26 ·

Denstoyz said:
I think 3100lbs is a big help! I was a passenger in a Z06 racing another car and let me tell you that the Z06 is no joke! It feels light and it feels pretty damn fast even at stock! It reminds me of my 996TT when it was stock - it actually even feels a little faster and that's amazing considering how fast my Porsche felt even before mods! :cool:
I was thinking that was a problem, but what about top speed corvette= 198 viper =190. :headscratch:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.