Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper - View Single Post - Dave6666
Thread: Dave6666
View Single Post

Old April 19th, 2020, 08:57 AM   #13
AJ02
Lost Senior Member

AJ02 is not afraid of bears with 27409 pointsAJ02 is not afraid of bears with 27409 pointsAJ02 is not afraid of bears with 27409 pointsAJ02 is not afraid of bears with 27409 pointsAJ02 is not afraid of bears with 27409 pointsAJ02 is not afraid of bears with 27409 pointsAJ02 is not afraid of bears with 27409 pointsAJ02 is not afraid of bears with 27409 pointsAJ02 is not afraid of bears with 27409 pointsAJ02 is not afraid of bears with 27409 pointsAJ02 is not afraid of bears with 27409 points
For those of you who either weren't here or don't remember, I will explain. Dave and I were "friends", or at least I thought so. We drank beer and BBQed together. I was in the process of building my house in Panama, but didn't have my residency card yet. I could only stay there for 3 months. I was back in Tx. for a few days to reset my visa. My intake manifold was leaking gas from one of the Allen plugs on the rear of the intake fuel rail. Dave had an extra intake in his attic. He offered me one of the plugs. I went over there and we were in the process of swapping the plug, but one of them in his manifold was frozen and the Allen socked partially stripped. We got the other one out and switched it with mine. I had a flight scheduled to Panama the next day. I told Dave that I would return in 3 months and would take care of it then, if that was OK. He said it was. I said I would either find a way to remove it or pay someone else to do so. I had even called Will at RSI and told him what had happened, and he said---"bring it over and we'll get it out". I told Dave if the manifold was ruined I would replace it. Not long after I left for Panama, he told me that he got frustrated and took channel locks, a pipe wrench and a chisel to the plug and ended up fucking up the manifold. He came on here saying that I fucked up his manifold and then just left him with a "debris field" (quote). He said that I never made any attempt to right the wrong. I've got pretty thick skin, but that is total bullshit to attempt to publicly blame someone else for your own failures. As far as him knowing a lot about these cars, that is spot on! He had some great posts and even came on here requesting reps for me after I instructed him on how to adjust his door windows. If it truly was my "fault", I would readily admit it. Maybe he had a bad day. I don't know. What I do know is blaming someone else for your own mistakes is total bullshit. Rant over. Think what you will.

Red 2002 GTS
K & N air intake, Stoptech BBK, full Belanger exhaust and modified Hurst short shifter, Gen 4 six spokes. SOLD