Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper - View Single Post - Alcantara and other sacrilege
View Single Post

Alcantara and other sacrilege
Old March 20th, 2020, 03:09 PM   #1
xxmetal
Enthusiast

xxmetal is well liked with 159 pointsxxmetal is well liked with 159 points
Alcantara and other sacrilege

Howdy all!

After months of searching and quite a few times insulting sellers with my lowball offers, I finally found myself a GTS! Picked it up in Texas and drove it the 8 hours to Louisiana. (I'm in for another long trip to Colorado once the DoD travel ban is lifted). Pictures attached because I'm sure you've never seen a red '97 before. I'm glad to finally be a real member of the community, and I'll do my best to share whatever helpful knowledge I pick up along my way.

Anywho, my question for y'all today is if anyone has pictures of a gen2 with an alcantara dash? Looks like there's at least two cars around, but all of the pictures I have seen are from users that haven't logged on since 2016, and they are all "in progress" pictures--nothing buttoned up. I haven't quite decided if I just want to drop a '98+ dash in or if I want to do something more drastic like alcantara, but I don't want to have to deal with the easy scratching of the early gen2 dashes (or the scratches already there from previous owners). I attached the best picture I could find, but it isn't the most telling.

I also might be interested in brushed aluminum for the radio/hvac control shroud, but I don't know how gaudy that might make things look.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Clint
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	car.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	1.16 MB
ID:	147743  
Attached Images
File Type: jpg alcantara.jpg (22.5 KB, 52 views)