Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper - View Single Post - New '06 Roadster owner checking in
View Single Post

New '06 Roadster owner checking in
Old February 12th, 2020, 06:45 PM   #1
Gootz
n00b

Gootz is a B-Teamer with 60 points
New '06 Roadster owner checking in

My closed transport delivered my 2006 Slate Crystal Viper Roadster this morning. I've been a Viper fan since I first set my eyes upon a prototype at an NHRA race back in 92. It's been a dream of mine to own one ever since that day, and today, I finally made that dream come true.

It's the wet season here in the Pacific NW, but today, the sky opened up and the sun was shining down. I gratefully put a couple hours of seat time in it and gave my family all a ride. After returning home and parking her in the garage, I couldn't help but choke up a bit. It feels surreal. I'm not a materialistic person, I've owned several fast cars in the past, but to finally own the car I dreamed about as a kid is a feeling that is indescribable in words. I have overcome a lot of obstacles throughout my life and to be in a position to make a purchase like this without impacting my lifestyle is something that I am very proud of.

I look forward to learning and being a part of this community.