Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper - View Single Post - Failed my state vehicle inspection
View Single Post

Old December 28th, 2019, 03:40 PM   #18
Lunchbox

Lunchbox made Varsity with 1310 pointsLunchbox made Varsity with 1310 pointsLunchbox made Varsity with 1310 pointsLunchbox made Varsity with 1310 pointsLunchbox made Varsity with 1310 pointsLunchbox made Varsity with 1310 pointsLunchbox made Varsity with 1310 pointsLunchbox made Varsity with 1310 pointsLunchbox made Varsity with 1310 pointsLunchbox made Varsity with 1310 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashFerg View Post
Okay thanks. The car seems to drive fine and track straight. My problem is finding a mechanic that:
1. Knows what he’s looking at
2. Can make the proper assessment and repair.
3. Not do unnecessary work try and and rob me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Maybe its different here, but why the HELL would it fail because he thinks it has too much slop in the suspension/tie rods. Unless it was literally undriveable or about to fall apart id think this doesn't matter and he needs to just do his damn job and pass it if the wipers were working.

Safety here in texas is lights, wipers, non cracked windshield, and nothing literally hanging off the car or holes in the floor more or less for any reason. Sounds to me like he's just trying to get some work out of you when really the car will probably pass safety just fine. Id think that if there was a problem with the car suspension wise you'd probably know it and be weary of driving it yourself.

Like i said though, laws are problem different in your state vs mine but... sounds like a sham to get work done wherever you took it.