Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper - View Single Post - stumped on alternator issue
View Single Post

Old November 11th, 2019, 04:42 PM   #26
CWhiteRun

CWhiteRun is The Man with 2344 pointsCWhiteRun is The Man with 2344 pointsCWhiteRun is The Man with 2344 pointsCWhiteRun is The Man with 2344 pointsCWhiteRun is The Man with 2344 pointsCWhiteRun is The Man with 2344 pointsCWhiteRun is The Man with 2344 pointsCWhiteRun is The Man with 2344 pointsCWhiteRun is The Man with 2344 pointsCWhiteRun is The Man with 2344 pointsCWhiteRun is The Man with 2344 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by daaam View Post
I must be doing something wrong because when I try to measure resistance it just shows all zero's. I see it calculate each time I connect the wires but it shows zero's. I tried checking resistance on the wire itself and also on the post of alternator with wire hooked up and battery post under hood, but it just shows zero's.

I did hook up a new sense wire from my fuse box and it seems to be working decently but I won't know for sure until I can actually road test it, which I won't be able to do until spring as it is snowing here now.

Thanks everyone for your help. I hope replacing the sense wire works.
"0.0" on your meters display is better than "--" when measuring resistance. Any numerical value shown means that there is connectivity between the two points of the wire. The higher the numerical value that is displayed then the more resistance the wire has which means that current doesn't travel as easily through the wire.
Whenever you get more time to play with it post your findings up.