Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper - View Single Post - stumped on alternator issue
View Single Post

Old November 10th, 2019, 09:50 PM   #25
daaam

daaam is not afraid of bears with 5819 pointsdaaam is not afraid of bears with 5819 pointsdaaam is not afraid of bears with 5819 pointsdaaam is not afraid of bears with 5819 pointsdaaam is not afraid of bears with 5819 pointsdaaam is not afraid of bears with 5819 pointsdaaam is not afraid of bears with 5819 pointsdaaam is not afraid of bears with 5819 pointsdaaam is not afraid of bears with 5819 pointsdaaam is not afraid of bears with 5819 pointsdaaam is not afraid of bears with 5819 points
I must be doing something wrong because when I try to measure resistance it just shows all zero's. I see it calculate each time I connect the wires but it shows zero's. I tried checking resistance on the wire itself and also on the post of alternator with wire hooked up and battery post under hood, but it just shows zero's.

I did hook up a new sense wire from my fuse box and it seems to be working decently but I won't know for sure until I can actually road test it, which I won't be able to do until spring as it is snowing here now.

Thanks everyone for your help. I hope replacing the sense wire works.