Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper - View Single Post - stumped on alternator issue
View Single Post

Old November 9th, 2019, 08:03 PM   #23
CWhiteRun

CWhiteRun is The Man with 2344 pointsCWhiteRun is The Man with 2344 pointsCWhiteRun is The Man with 2344 pointsCWhiteRun is The Man with 2344 pointsCWhiteRun is The Man with 2344 pointsCWhiteRun is The Man with 2344 pointsCWhiteRun is The Man with 2344 pointsCWhiteRun is The Man with 2344 pointsCWhiteRun is The Man with 2344 pointsCWhiteRun is The Man with 2344 pointsCWhiteRun is The Man with 2344 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by daaam View Post
Instead of insulting me, you could have just told me how to check resistance. I like to work on my own vehicle's and I come here for help on fixing my problems.
Didn't insult you at all and I instructed you to take a resistance measurement to help you get started with figuring out your problem Now that you know how to do that....If you would...measure resistance from the back of the alternator to the stud on the fuse block under your hood. You can disconnect the cable from the stud if you'd like to take the reading. If you're running an alternator that's no longer being regulated by the ECU then you need to ensure that the engine block to battery/chassis ground connection is good other wise the regulator will not function correctly. You can measure resistance from the engine block to the negative battery terminal as well and also post that reading here.

Last edited by CWhiteRun; November 9th, 2019 at 09:23 PM.