Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper - View Single Post - 01 GTS Wont start
View Single Post

Old October 22nd, 2019, 07:12 PM   #27
Lunchbox
Suspended

Lunchbox is The Man with 2260 pointsLunchbox is The Man with 2260 pointsLunchbox is The Man with 2260 pointsLunchbox is The Man with 2260 pointsLunchbox is The Man with 2260 pointsLunchbox is The Man with 2260 pointsLunchbox is The Man with 2260 pointsLunchbox is The Man with 2260 pointsLunchbox is The Man with 2260 pointsLunchbox is The Man with 2260 pointsLunchbox is The Man with 2260 points
It runs!

So i wasnt aware of this at first, but in the engine > dtc & monitors menu ( going frmo memory here) i was able to watch "secondary indicators" when trying to crank the engine. I hadn't seen this stuff at all before and started seeing some realtime DTCs show up finally!

I was getting p0210, p0209, and a few others. All the codes i did see were related to the injector control circuits.

So one of the things i decided to do was buy adapters that converted the stock injector clips to the right type of connector for the injectors im using in an effort to not hack up the stock wiring harness.

Come to find out, i pull off the adapters from the stock injector clips to the new injectors and looked carefully and found that the pins from the injector were sliding into the upper portion of the fuel injector clips where you would normally use a tiny flat head screw drive to release the wire with the crimped on terminal. Basically, they were not making any connection AT ALL. I was WAY too trusting of these things and was testing with them plugged in and saw that i wasnt getting an injector pulse when cranking much early on in the troubleshooting process. Had i tested them unplugged i would have seen the signal and figured this out much sooner.

I dropped the stock injectors back into the car and connected the oem injector connectors onto the injectors and the car fired right up...

I feel very stupid for not finding this much sooner, but lesson learned i guess. These adapters are going straight into the trash, i dont believe i have an recourse with returning these now since ive had them for a good part of a year now sitting around.

Last edited by Lunchbox; October 22nd, 2019 at 09:10 PM.