Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper - View Single Post - 01 GTS Wont start
View Single Post

Old September 10th, 2019, 04:01 PM   #11
Lunchbox
Enthusiast

Lunchbox hangs with the Hiddens with 710 pointsLunchbox hangs with the Hiddens with 710 pointsLunchbox hangs with the Hiddens with 710 pointsLunchbox hangs with the Hiddens with 710 pointsLunchbox hangs with the Hiddens with 710 pointsLunchbox hangs with the Hiddens with 710 pointsLunchbox hangs with the Hiddens with 710 points
I thought I did...

But here is the kicker. So I called up Dan Lesser just to run this by him because, well... I figured if anyone knew, he would know more in relation to the PCM.

Ive got the following confirmed currently:

Fuel pressure
no spark
no fuel on plugs (not spraying)
rpm signal on scan tool when cranking

Ive also swapped back to stock injectors and PCM tune via SCT x3 and the original map sensor and it still won't start.

The only thing I CANNOT see or test via the scan tool I have is the camshaft position sensor.
I was told that the ASD Relay will function just fine if it gets an RPM signal but without a cam signal im just not going to get spark or injectors firing.

Im thinking the cam sensor might be shot... and it looks like.... they don't exist anymore from the dealer or aftermarket as im finding out.

I did find this though...

https://driveviper.com/forums/thread...421#post153421

I guess ill have to try testing the existing cam sensor thats installed.