Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper - View Single Post - 01 GTS Wont start
View Single Post

Old September 10th, 2019, 10:08 AM   #8
Lunchbox

Lunchbox made Varsity with 1160 pointsLunchbox made Varsity with 1160 pointsLunchbox made Varsity with 1160 pointsLunchbox made Varsity with 1160 pointsLunchbox made Varsity with 1160 pointsLunchbox made Varsity with 1160 pointsLunchbox made Varsity with 1160 pointsLunchbox made Varsity with 1160 pointsLunchbox made Varsity with 1160 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTS Dean View Post
You should have spark if you're getting fuel, but you should pull and ground a plug or two to confirm. I was getting spark and fuel, but no start on my car. Turns out the cam seized and the sprocket pin sheared. That allowed the crank and cam to synch, but the valves were not operating.
Had to leave home for a bit, but I have fuel pressure, pump primes, plugs SMELL like gas but no wet plugs (Very well could be residual from last known good run before mods)

JUST tested ignition. First try I saw 1 spark, and then nothing.

Tried a few times beyond that and nothing.

Looks like my pump primes, I have pressure at the rail and id label that as no spark.

My only guess here is bad crank sensor since I don't see wet plugs and I have no spark. Could the PCM be bad still if the ASD Relay is triggering and pump priming and whatnot?