Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper - View Single Post - Charging issues
Thread: Charging issues
View Single Post

Old June 27th, 2019, 12:05 PM   #4
daaam

daaam is not afraid of bears with 5819 pointsdaaam is not afraid of bears with 5819 pointsdaaam is not afraid of bears with 5819 pointsdaaam is not afraid of bears with 5819 pointsdaaam is not afraid of bears with 5819 pointsdaaam is not afraid of bears with 5819 pointsdaaam is not afraid of bears with 5819 pointsdaaam is not afraid of bears with 5819 pointsdaaam is not afraid of bears with 5819 pointsdaaam is not afraid of bears with 5819 pointsdaaam is not afraid of bears with 5819 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99RT10>S View Post
I want to say you really have 2 regulators, one internally and in the PCM. the one in the PCM has been known to fail. On my 99, we switched to an external Mopar regulator. So far so good.
This was basically my conclusion that it was the PCM but I tried the external regulator hoping it would work but it didn't. I have 3 wires on the back of my alternator as I believe the gen 2's have only 2. I will call the place that I bought the regulator from to see if I wired it correctly (I did use my wiring diagram from the Service manual so it should have worked).

Do you know if the regulator in the PCM can be fixed?

Thanks.