Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper - View Single Post - 1989 Ferrari 348 TS
View Single Post

Old June 1st, 2018, 02:54 PM   #16
c6matt
n00b

c6matt is a B-Teamer with 110 pointsc6matt is a B-Teamer with 110 points
I think you'd get a differnt response to the question on ferrari chat. I have a 90 348TS and love it, I also love my 00 ACR, very different cars. I did my timing belt / engine out and it really wan't bad. The reputation is ill deserved,IMO. If you get a clean example that's been taken care of its reliable and provides a wonderful sound as you go through the gears. The leather does not age the best, and some parts are expensive (castings/body panels) but for operation the parts are cheap if you take a little time cross referencing. Crank sensors are also used on a KIA, Fuel press regs are used on 90's volvos, ect.
The last of the manual steering cars, and standard non electronic coil overs, the last analog Ferrari. I would expect more here to appreciate a no frills performance car. I dont have a pic of it with the viper, guess my mustang will have to do.

The 89 you were considering is a bit of a unicorn with a 1 year only management system. just FYI
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170412_165144.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	793.5 KB
ID:	144745  

Last edited by c6matt; June 1st, 2018 at 03:00 PM.