Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner

2018 Mustang GT

2K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  v10enomous 
#1 ·
So I've been searching on youtube on dyno pulls and it seems the engine is underrated and closer to Gen 2 Power.

Do you think it will be a close match on the 1/4 mile now?

#4 ·
That's very close to stock Gen2 ET territory. Much lower torque, slightly higher hp.

#3 ·
I believe the Mustang is heavier. Will probably come down to a drivers race. Time for some bolt-ons!!!

#5 · (Edited)
Could listen to the sound of that engine all day long, even in the F150 it sounds sick, love the Coyote block. And it responds to mods like crazy especially FI. I know I know its a Stang, but sorry, these cars drive and handle so well now, both it and the Camaro are legit sports cars now. Hilarious at the track seeing modded/well setup ones just spanking the shit out of $$$$ cars there lol

Fords got a new 7L V8 coming out next year for the HD trucks, rumors of it going into other vehicles and even for next GT500 boosted. I seriously doubt they would have spent all that money developing a brand new engine without some type of platform sharing or something to spread cost.

#10 ·
Theyre able to make more torque up top and run more rpms these days. Still cant beat the fun factor and low end pull from a bigger motor like the Viper's though :)

Seriously though there are so many places in the engine/drivetrain that contribute to less efficiency of the overall package. OEMs have been incrementally getting better over the years. It is amazing to see how things have changed! 500 hp is nothing these days.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

#7 ·
technology has advanced greatly so the smaller engines can put out the same amount of power. pretty fucking crazy. Hell, even the 03/04 Terminator only puts out 400 HP. And that's with a blower ! Soon they will have 800 HP mustangs from the factory LOL

#12 ·
Viper never sold enough to justify making that engine into a V10 "LS7" or Modular 8.4. Imagine the physical size if quad cam/40V

I personally like the new LT1-5 better. Lighter, more capacity and all in a smaller package.

The new Mustangs can handle off the track too, an ex pro race driver I know (who campaigned a 900hp Porsche 911 for years) was given one to drive for a week on an event I was in (combination of touring and closed roads) and he was blown away how much improved they were over the older Mustangs.... even said it was comparable to Porsche in handling esp value for money. It was around 500hp and with IRS etc he could chuck that things sideways, it'd handle surprise bumps and dips, and it never missed a beat all week

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.