Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper - View Single Post - Lutz: Why the Viper died.
View Single Post

Old February 10th, 2017, 10:59 AM   #7
trick

trick is not afraid of bears with 8189 pointstrick is not afraid of bears with 8189 pointstrick is not afraid of bears with 8189 pointstrick is not afraid of bears with 8189 pointstrick is not afraid of bears with 8189 pointstrick is not afraid of bears with 8189 pointstrick is not afraid of bears with 8189 pointstrick is not afraid of bears with 8189 pointstrick is not afraid of bears with 8189 pointstrick is not afraid of bears with 8189 pointstrick is not afraid of bears with 8189 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper Explorer View Post
He nailed the BMW issue, they've completely lost their way. Neighbor works for them and has a new M3, fast yes but thats it.... go drive an ATS-V and the M3 will feel like a fat numb bloated barge that also sounds like shit, seriously car sounds fucking awful, everytime he pulls away while I'm walking my dogs it sounds like some some pos with an exhaust falling apart, and full throttle ain't better. They have a 440i as well and it sounds far far better. The last great car BMW made was the E39 M5.
I'm kinda a BMW nut just because of the history, I would say the ultimate car they made for me was the e36 M3's.
I know I know the e36 was "underpowered" even tho it had close to the same HP as a 911 in 1996...

I have a M coupe (if you don't know its a small hatch with the M3 motor) and it solves all the problems I've ever had with driving a Miata or 240 for track days, its stiffer and much more torque..

I think the main reason the Viper isn't what it should be is because it is analog in a digital age, people want the GTR that is programmed to make you a better driver...

Viper is the feeling, the experience, in the day of social media, and instant gratification its all about what things appear as, so the vipers strong points fall by the wayside