Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper - View Single Post - Gen 2 Viper Fuel Tank Replacement
View Single Post

Old June 24th, 2016, 06:47 AM   #16
Luisv
Enthusiast

Luisv is definately a better person than you are with 374 pointsLuisv is definately a better person than you are with 374 pointsLuisv is definately a better person than you are with 374 pointsLuisv is definately a better person than you are with 374 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by martyb View Post
I feel your pain Dave, I went through this with my 01 last fall. I could not find a new tank, ended up with a used one from Jon B, did the entire swap in an afternoon in my garage. I also saved my old tank, and one day I am going to see if someone can properly repair it so I have a back up tank. Job is pretty simple overall.

Best of luck!
This is a good idea. I did the same. Plan is to have an aluminum tank made and coal epoxy painted. Then put it in. It'll be pricey because of the custom shape, but worth it.

I am currently in the process of doing a tank swap on my boat. We are going with coal epoxy painted aluminum. If it can take 20+ years on a boat.... A car is a cake walk for 30+ years.