Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper - View Single Post - Gen 2 Viper Fuel Tank Replacement
View Single Post

Old June 24th, 2016, 06:42 AM   #15
Luisv
Enthusiast

Luisv is definately a better person than you are with 374 pointsLuisv is definately a better person than you are with 374 pointsLuisv is definately a better person than you are with 374 pointsLuisv is definately a better person than you are with 374 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave T(BADVENM) View Post
Great information. My recently acquired 2002 GTS was fine with just under one half tank. Almost on empty I put in 10 gallons. Come out a bit later to find much of it on my garage floor. So, looks like I'll be looking for or maybe attempting to fix this myself as it would appear I have the same problem as quite a few other 2001-2002 GTS owners. Currently have a pan underneath the car to collect the fuel until it stops, hopefully right below the filler neck/tank connection point. Fuel gauge showed maybe 3/4 of a tank with the 10 gallons I added.

Any new information regarding availability of fuel cells for Gen 2 Vipers or am I stuck finding a used tank?
No, to date I have not found a fuel cell or replacement/aftermarket tank. Used tank is the best bet for a quick resolution. BTW, not a bad one. It's only a certain set of tanks that had the issue. A good used tank will last a long long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave T(BADVENM) View Post
Is it possible to correctly fix the filler neck issue without removing the tank?
No chance here. No matter what I tried, the leak would return after a few fill ups.