Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper - View Single Post - Trouble getting driveshaft and shift knob off
View Single Post

Trouble getting driveshaft and shift knob off
Old November 28th, 2015, 10:52 AM   #10
thetalonguy

thetalonguy is The Man with 2247 pointsthetalonguy is The Man with 2247 pointsthetalonguy is The Man with 2247 pointsthetalonguy is The Man with 2247 pointsthetalonguy is The Man with 2247 pointsthetalonguy is The Man with 2247 pointsthetalonguy is The Man with 2247 pointsthetalonguy is The Man with 2247 pointsthetalonguy is The Man with 2247 pointsthetalonguy is The Man with 2247 pointsthetalonguy is The Man with 2247 points
Trouble getting driveshaft and shift knob off

Tried a few different things today. PB has been on for about 24 hrs with several reapplications.

Bought a spline box end wrench figuring it would grab more. It did initially, but then it started rounding again.

Couldn't find any super short sockets anywhere.

I been hitting the fucker with a deadblow to loosen it up, but now I think I'm at the point of no return where I'm going to have to get an extractor. I would have to replace these bolts anyway. Just don't know if an extractor is going to fit over bolt due to clearance.

Surprised they used such a small bolt head on the drivetrain.

Once I saw them, I knew I was going to get fucked.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Last edited by thetalonguy; November 28th, 2015 at 10:59 AM.