Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper - View Single Post - ZZ's '97 GTS- Single Turbo Build
View Single Post

Old November 18th, 2015, 12:59 PM   #18
ZZ SRT

ZZ SRT is not afraid of bears with 7031 pointsZZ SRT is not afraid of bears with 7031 pointsZZ SRT is not afraid of bears with 7031 pointsZZ SRT is not afraid of bears with 7031 pointsZZ SRT is not afraid of bears with 7031 pointsZZ SRT is not afraid of bears with 7031 pointsZZ SRT is not afraid of bears with 7031 pointsZZ SRT is not afraid of bears with 7031 pointsZZ SRT is not afraid of bears with 7031 pointsZZ SRT is not afraid of bears with 7031 pointsZZ SRT is not afraid of bears with 7031 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinscrewd View Post
Very Nice! Those headers are something like Paolo's old manifolds. The one complaint with his design was that it was difficult to remove the plugs and wires melted easily from the heat. It appears that you have plenty of room between the plugs and tubing, but if not keep that in mind. Take a look at the spacing in mine if that helps any, I do not have any issues with with plug wires and am using the heat shields like yourself.

I believe Joel Fortin is using a set of those on his new setup. Maybe look at that for some routing ideas.

Remember if it's spaced too far out, I have seen it melt the inner fenders and blower motor intake housing due to the heat.

Looking forward to seeing it come together.
That's interesting. Mine seem to sit lower than your picture. do the primaries angle upwards off the flange on yours? My primaries are 90 degrees to the flange. Either way, I will be fully wrapping my headers in DEI, am retaining the OEM plug guards, and am using the RSI plug wires with boots so hopefully I'll be okay.

I actually bought my Intake and AEM V1 from Joel. His build is incredible. I'll have to check his build thread and see if I can find some pictures.