I probably should have added, the 4th small issue I had with the original design was the fact that a large frame turbo was being held by nothing but the hotside piping from what I could tell. The original turbo, and the new one, has to weigh 70ish lbs. It's extremely heavy.
I do not feel comfortable hanging the turbo from the manifolds and T6 flange. Therefore, while I was in the 3D printing mood, I decided to print up a makeshift bracket to help hold the turbo in place while I do mock-up.
My new turbo has v-bands so I could not use the bolted flange for a mount. I resorted to making something quickly on the drain flange. I have an idea long-term how I'm going to do this permanently and still get around the AN fitting.
There is no frame rail or section nearby the turbo, and the only thing immediately below is the anti-sway bar.
First one I made ended up being too tall, and I guessed on the diameter of the sway bar. I need the turbo to sit as low as possible so I have room for the merge and charge pipe above but still below the hood.
Second attempt. Much better.
Testing turbo positions.
I can't even explain to you how many times I have gone into the garage and just stared into the engine bay trying to wrap my head around what will be the cleanest layout with the least amount of complexity/bends and lowest space claim. There is just no getting around the fact this is a large turbo in a small area.
One thing is for sure. I originally ordered the turbo with a 5" exhaust outlet. I certainly do not need it. 4" would be plenty. The more I stare into the engine bay, the more I realize I should have gone 4" for packaging. With that being said, I am sending the turbo back to be machined down to 4".