Now that I was deviating from the original bolt-on plan, I started to get more creative with how I could simplify and optimize the original setup.
Going back to the first issue, the inefficiency of the hotside piping, I decided to try and take a totally different path. The initial setup used the stock Gen 2 tubular manifolds, and then 180'ed around the frame rails, up, and forward to the merge.
I figured, why do a loop, and not do a log style manifold and shoot straight forward? After some research, I discovered 2.25" would be as small as I would want to go with the size of my engine and the power goals.
With my cad skills, I set forth designing a manifold to see what I could come up with and determine how hard it would be for a noob to fabricate.
Here's what I came up with based on some measurements:
Since I had zero fabrication equipment to make these yet, I figured I would waste some time 3D printing my design to see how it would fit before finalizing a plan. It was way too big and complex to print in one piece, so I broke it up.
Printed the flange in 3 pieces.
Main 2.25" tube in 4 pieces but 1 print:
printed the 1.75" primaries 1 at a time, and then 1.75" curve to cone adapter is 3 pieces:
All finished with the main portion:
Test fit: Success!
Flipped over on the driver's side. This side is a little more tricky with the power steering reservoir.