Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper - View Single Post - ZZ's '97 GTS- Single Turbo Build
View Single Post

Old November 18th, 2015, 10:21 AM   #6
ZZ SRT

ZZ SRT is not afraid of bears with 7031 pointsZZ SRT is not afraid of bears with 7031 pointsZZ SRT is not afraid of bears with 7031 pointsZZ SRT is not afraid of bears with 7031 pointsZZ SRT is not afraid of bears with 7031 pointsZZ SRT is not afraid of bears with 7031 pointsZZ SRT is not afraid of bears with 7031 pointsZZ SRT is not afraid of bears with 7031 pointsZZ SRT is not afraid of bears with 7031 pointsZZ SRT is not afraid of bears with 7031 pointsZZ SRT is not afraid of bears with 7031 points
Now that I was deviating from the original bolt-on plan, I started to get more creative with how I could simplify and optimize the original setup.

Going back to the first issue, the inefficiency of the hotside piping, I decided to try and take a totally different path. The initial setup used the stock Gen 2 tubular manifolds, and then 180'ed around the frame rails, up, and forward to the merge.

I figured, why do a loop, and not do a log style manifold and shoot straight forward? After some research, I discovered 2.25" would be as small as I would want to go with the size of my engine and the power goals.

With my cad skills, I set forth designing a manifold to see what I could come up with and determine how hard it would be for a noob to fabricate.

Here's what I came up with based on some measurements:

Since I had zero fabrication equipment to make these yet, I figured I would waste some time 3D printing my design to see how it would fit before finalizing a plan. It was way too big and complex to print in one piece, so I broke it up.

Printed the flange in 3 pieces.

Main 2.25" tube in 4 pieces but 1 print:

printed the 1.75" primaries 1 at a time, and then 1.75" curve to cone adapter is 3 pieces:

All finished with the main portion:

Test fit: Success!

Flipped over on the driver's side. This side is a little more tricky with the power steering reservoir.