Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper - View Single Post - ZZ's '97 GTS- Single Turbo Build
View Single Post

Old November 18th, 2015, 10:11 AM   #4
ZZ SRT

ZZ SRT is not afraid of bears with 7031 pointsZZ SRT is not afraid of bears with 7031 pointsZZ SRT is not afraid of bears with 7031 pointsZZ SRT is not afraid of bears with 7031 pointsZZ SRT is not afraid of bears with 7031 pointsZZ SRT is not afraid of bears with 7031 pointsZZ SRT is not afraid of bears with 7031 pointsZZ SRT is not afraid of bears with 7031 pointsZZ SRT is not afraid of bears with 7031 pointsZZ SRT is not afraid of bears with 7031 pointsZZ SRT is not afraid of bears with 7031 points
First step was to do a mockup and check the fitment of the turbo kit and manifolds as-is.

I had two blurry pictures of this kit installed around 8 years ago, so figuring out which pipe went where and attached to which v-band was like putting together a puzzle with no box to look at.

Passenger side fit with forward hot side.

Driver side assembled.

As you can see, the fiberglass wrap is old, and falling off due to coming loose and just from shipping and handling. Not really concerned with that at this point.

Also, this kit is setup for a Viper Gen 3 (2003-2006) intake in place of a Gen 2 intake. The design is superior from a flow standpoint, but the runners are shorter so you lose a little torque down low which is hardly a concern with a turbo 488ci V10.

With that being said, I picked up a Gen 3 intake from another forum member.

This is a relatively easy swap. Sometimes the bolt holes need massaging to fit but I got lucky and it bolted right up as-is.

Also needed a Gen 3 throttle body. Went with the BBK unit because it was basically the same price as an OEM unit.