Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper - View Single Post - ZZ's '97 GTS- Single Turbo Build
View Single Post

Old November 18th, 2015, 10:04 AM   #2
ZZ SRT

ZZ SRT is not afraid of bears with 7031 pointsZZ SRT is not afraid of bears with 7031 pointsZZ SRT is not afraid of bears with 7031 pointsZZ SRT is not afraid of bears with 7031 pointsZZ SRT is not afraid of bears with 7031 pointsZZ SRT is not afraid of bears with 7031 pointsZZ SRT is not afraid of bears with 7031 pointsZZ SRT is not afraid of bears with 7031 pointsZZ SRT is not afraid of bears with 7031 pointsZZ SRT is not afraid of bears with 7031 pointsZZ SRT is not afraid of bears with 7031 points
When I decided to go turbo, I started looking for used setups because I didn't have the means to make my own.

As we all know, on Gen 2 vipers, you really only have 1 kit that could be considered "bolt on" and that is the RSI. Sometimes you can get lucky and buy someone else's used kits.

This spring, I put out a message on the forums asking if anyone had any used setups for sale. I shortly after got a message from Dirtysocks who had parted out his Viper a few years back, but kept the turbo kit in case he ever bought another Viper. It had been sitting on his shelf collecting dust for quite some time.

It was a single turbo kit, originally owned and built by 99turbo, who was the original creator/fabricator. To my knowledge, there have been 3 single turbo vipers in existence. Orlando's, Scotty's, and this kit. Orlando and Scotty's both placed the turbo on the rear passenger side behind the wheel well, which means you have to delete both the A/C and cabin heat and go full race car. Not ideal. This kit mounts the turbo in the front, in a very similar location as a supercharger, in between the radiator and accessory belt drive.

Here's what I received. Custom 106mm turbo with 1.10 AR, turbonetics wastegate, turbonetics BOV, full air to water intercooler setup with tank/pump for the trunk and all associated lines, fittings, etc, full hot side piping, intercooler piping, and charge pipe.