Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner

Gforce, RPM or Tick Performance T56

6K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  Torquemonster 
#1 ·
Hey guys. Looking at getting a T56 Magnum built up for 1000rw from my twin turbo LS3 project. It runs auto now but I can't keep it cool enough for road racing or track work so converting to manual.

All 3 brands can do a good job, but I know of a couple of Gforce boxes that gave problems at less power levels and I already run an RPM built auto and had issues with them, have dealt with Tick before and they've been stand up. Actually bought their 900rw T56 box but sold it to someone who's need was more urgent so never got to see what it was like.

Anyone heard good or bad about the Tick Performance T56 Magnum. Their service is great.

Cheers

Reactions: dave6666
#2 ·
I have a T56 RPM and their level whatever with cryo option, first tranny literally burned up in 50 miles. I called them up and they said, oh, you should have run a different fluid (I added the stock MOPAR fluid) and they swapped it out for another unit. GeForce327 here said that was total BS and I agree from everything I have seen, read and understood. The new trans has been fine but it is notchy like it hits the shifter rings as you shift and that is something other RPM customers say about their rebuilds.

#3 ·
Thanks for that, yeah, I had issues with my RPM auto due to quality control issues, but they did stand by their product and gave me another one on warranty. I rebuilt the first one (after 500 miles of street and closed road race) so now have 2.

Being on the other side of the world I don't need that crap though and want a box that simply works. I have a cnc shift package and tilton pedal assembly, just need the box. Never heard bad from Tick, so hoping to get theirs, just thought I'd check online

BTW the auto and turbos work amazingly well in a hill climb! But keeping those autos cool is impossible with big TQ. That is their weakness. Fine for drags and street

#11 ·
#13 ·
I think SteelSkeet is on, the T6060 for TT and higher end SC is so much beefier to begin with. I know of a member here who was running 1500 RWHP on a stock T56 for a good while. The clutch and how you drive it will have a lot to do with longevity that's for sure.

#14 ·
I have a fully built Gforce T56 for sale along with a triple disk clutch. It has about 350 miles on it with absolutely 0 launches on it.

Torquemonster. I am going auto, what kind of auto do you have. I need the kit to connect the tranny to the motor. I would be interested in buying the one you got.

#17 ·
Sorry just saw this. My maxed out auto was a 4L65e. My Tick TR6060 is to go behind a TT LS V8 (not a V10) running twin batmowheel billet turbos. The auto was fine for street and should handle drag racing ok, it just cannot handle road racing - there is no way to keep them cool at big power levels.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.