Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner

Found some Belangers headers for....

2K views 23 replies 10 participants last post by  BigCarrot 
#1 ·
$1625 (new)...good deal? Do you think that would last as long or be just as durable as the SS B7Bs?

Thanks for your suggestions.

Sorry folks had to edit this...I got a MUCH better group deal. Please PM me for info

#2 ·
These headers are coated which is a big plus. Considering most Vipers don't see harsh elements, longevity IMO is not an isseu.

I personally think for stock to mild modded Vipers the Belanger are the best. For cars pushing 700 or more to the wheels, then I think a full out header like SVS or TNT would be a wiser choice.

I am going with the Belangers and yes that is a good price for new ones. :twocents:

#3 ·
good price and excellent product, get em. just be sure to finish out the exhaust mods with randomtech hiflo cats and a corsa exhaust. that three piece combo is hands down the best sounding viper exhaust setup, period!! there is only one other setup which sounds better and thats a side pipe conversion on a genII, however, its a bit louder and may get on your nerves after a while of it.

#4 ·
Hey! Thanks...that made me feel really good...now I am really gonna get them. I have the exact setup that you are talking about. I have randomtech high flows and corsas.. :thumb:

Soon to be a Roe S/C Viper as well. When the new batch is coming out in May, I will be getting one for sure...and putting on some T&D rockers to finish the package.

#6 ·
This is true, I do have a set of Mopars for sale! See the classifieds, and thanks John.

Mike

#8 ·
Is the header install a DIY project (without having a lift), or something you need a shop to do? I would likely combine the header install with the R/T cats as well. Since I've already got a 3" corsa cat back, I'm basically looking for the difficulty level of this project.

#13 ·
KingViper said:
VS
Can you please educate me as to why? Man! You not only get all the chicks, you are smart as hell too. Please let me know before I make the wrong decision. Thanks again in advance for your help. :bowdown:
S. Roe , Mike Adams and my tuner D.W. all told me to go with the B&Bs. They all have tons of S/C experience and I took the advise. I also will be doing the new Roe system in the future and have a new B&B system on my car now. Check with Mike Adams for the best price. I was told that I would be leaving some HP on the table if I used the Belangers , but who knows? http://www.bbtriflo.com/about.html , http://www.roeracing.com/index.html?toke...e%20Performance

#15 ·
elcapo said:
Is the header install a DIY project (without having a lift), or something you need a shop to do? I would likely combine the header install with the R/T cats as well. Since I've already got a 3" corsa cat back, I'm basically looking for the difficulty level of this project.
Jeff,
The Belangers are a pretty easy install. I just put them on my '01 about a month ago in my garage with the car up on Rhino ramps. You only need to get under the car to reach the O2 sensors. They fit great which is one of the reasons I went with them vs. B&B or one of the others.

I already had RT cats and a Corsa exhaust. I just installed everything, slip fit the header turnout into the RT cat piping and drove it down to a muffler shop to have the joint welded. Since you are replacing your cats as well, you might have to clamp some joints together until you can get them welded.

It is not difficult, and you just need standard tools until you get to the point of fitting the exhaust pipe together. The hardest part of the whole project for me was getting the stupid heat shield off on the drivers side. After that it was a piece of cake. I have pics of the install laying around somewhere if you are interested.

--- Ken

#16 ·
viperspray is correct, you will possibly have left a few hp sacrificed in going with belanger as opposed to B&B. B&B is louder though so thats something to consider. IMO the setup previously described sounds the best

#17 ·
I had a good chat with Mr. Sean Roe (one of the best guys I have spoken to in a while) today about the headers and my S/C (oooppps freudian slip /images/graemlins/laughing.gif) and he said that all the headers are pretty much the same. he told me that he did not have the Belangers for sale but should I need one, he will point me in the right direction (what a guy). I mentioned to him about my plans with S/C (another slip :doh:) and the group price we are getting. he said that is a great price. I have a few more spaces left...anyone interested please let me know soon.
Thanks

/images/graemlins/drive

#18 ·
I've decided to get a package deal on what I understand to be everything I need. I'm going to get the Belanger headers in 1 3/4", the R/T Cats (3" Stainless), and some Magnacore wires to deal with the heat once I take off the heat shields.

I realized that since I've already got a 3" Corsa Cat-back system, I would need some extra parts and assistance shoehorning the headers and cats into the car. I figured that I'd be best off ordering them from PartsRack, since they are so close (one of the few Viper outfits in my neck of the woods) and I'd likely need some good support to get it all done.

As it all turns out I think i'll be getting an equivalent deal from JonB since I'll be getting it in a package.

It just seems to make more sense to me that way. Of course the next trick is do I do the install myself or wuss out and pay someone to do it. =)

#19 ·
elcapo said:
I've decided to get a package deal on what I understand to be everything I need. I'm going to get the Belanger headers in 1 3/4", the R/T Cats (3" Stainless), and some Magnacore wires to deal with the heat once I take off the heat shields.

I realized that since I've already got a 3" Corsa Cat-back system, I would need some extra parts and assistance shoehorning the headers and cats into the car. I figured that I'd be best off ordering them from PartsRack, since they are so close (one of the few Viper outfits in my neck of the woods) and I'd likely need some good support to get it all done.

As it all turns out I think i'll be getting an equivalent deal from JonB since I'll be getting it in a package.

It just seems to make more sense to me that way. Of course the next trick is do I do the install myself or wuss out and pay someone to do it. =)

sounds like a good package you are going with. Hopefully you are getting it all for 2K or less. If not you can.

#23 ·
Dang it...oh well...I guess all good things come to those who wait...

BTW...I got a really cool idea for my Roe S/C that I think would look awesome. The S/C will not be ready till May, but I am #2 in line so I should be the first to get it. I will make sure I take some pics and post it on here when I am done. :nod:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.