Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner

New Viper owner - 96 GTS

2K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  groveinthedark 
#1 ·
I purchased 72sbc's 96 GTS a little over a week ago.

It has, from what I've been told: a Roe tune, Roe hi flow cats, Magnaflow catback into dumps just after the axle, smooth tubes, K&Ns, a short shifter (unknown make), and Gen III wheels with brand new Nittos.

Excuse the dirtiness in the pics, haven't had a chance to wash it yet.

Thoughts after a week of ownership - the car is rough, it rattles, it stinks, it's loud as shit, it's obnoxious...in other words, it's everything I've dreamed it'd be. Love this car.

Attachments

See less See more
#11 · (Edited)
Thanks, definitely up for getting together sometime.

Needs pipes out the back.
That's on the "to do" list.

How do you have the exhaust ran?
Standard routing up to where the pair of pipes comes straight out and then through the hole in the bumper. Instead of coming all the way out through the bumper, there are a pair of turn-downs right after the pipes turn straight.
EDIT: Pic attached, you can kind of see the dumps underneath the car.

Also just developed a rattle/squeek when accelerating and going over bumps, whether at speed or crawling up my driveway. Sounds like something needs to be greased or lubed. Any common areas to look at? It's not NGR, which doesn't bother me

Attachments

#9 ·
Needs pipes out the back.

#12 ·
The exhaust exiting under the car is probably why it stinks? It could be the side vents at the back of the car because those rubbers don't seal the greatest and anything pushed too hard to the sides could knock the vents loose creating an exh leak inside the cockpit.

But no Roe Blower? awhhh.

As far as acceleration squeak/rattle - I'd check the swaybars, A arm bushings, wheel nuts and lastly ... the Ujoints.

#14 ·
I looked into getting that one, but happy I ended up with a bone stock 97 from Laguna Hills. Enjoy it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.