Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper - View Single Post - [PICS] New M&M Big Primary Headers going on [PICS]
View Single Post

Old February 10th, 2014, 03:17 PM   #4
FLATOUT

FLATOUT is not afraid of bears with 31630 pointsFLATOUT is not afraid of bears with 31630 pointsFLATOUT is not afraid of bears with 31630 pointsFLATOUT is not afraid of bears with 31630 pointsFLATOUT is not afraid of bears with 31630 pointsFLATOUT is not afraid of bears with 31630 pointsFLATOUT is not afraid of bears with 31630 pointsFLATOUT is not afraid of bears with 31630 pointsFLATOUT is not afraid of bears with 31630 pointsFLATOUT is not afraid of bears with 31630 pointsFLATOUT is not afraid of bears with 31630 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave6666 View Post
Those look like they were a beotch to get in there.
Yeah honestly they are tight but luckily it's very easy to lift the V10 a few inches to get the clearance you need.

I just undo the bolt on each motor mount, remove the cross brace in the engine compartment and windshiled cowling (have to do this on all Gen 3-4-5).
Put the floor jack with something to spread out the force of the jack (block of wood) onto the oilpan and lift away.

If you're still stuck grab a prybar and rotate the motor a tad by leveraging the motormount, and it will slip right in. It sounds like a PITA but it's really not that difficult.

So far both designs (Tri Y and sandwich type ARH collector) have their own unique install issues, but both aren't that difficult to complete.

Andy

-FLATOUT, 2013

Last edited by FLATOUT; February 10th, 2014 at 03:27 PM.