Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper - View Single Post - We Have a Virginia Section?
View Single Post

Old September 30th, 2013, 06:51 PM   #13
CarolinaGTS
I feel the need for speed

CarolinaGTS is well liked with 173 pointsCarolinaGTS is well liked with 173 points
Only 3 Vipers signed up to autocross and they had problems with the timing lights so we just did fun runs. It turned out to be better because we had people sign a waiver sheet and we just all started taking passengers on a two lap fun run. Most of the riders I had told me they had never even sat in a Viper so to have their first experience being an autocross was the thrill of their life. All three of us let it all hang out... spinning, drifting, wiping out cones, taking the curves waaaay too fast, etc. I finally had to quit because my front tires had no more grip at all. One of my riders got on the phone when he got in the car and called his girlfriend and said "you'll never guess what I'm getting ready to do!" I thought that was pretty cool.
'99 Silver GTS..Connolly Leather..K&N..smooth tubes..B&M Short Shifter..Roller Rockers..Aluminum flywheel..Baer Racing Brakes with 2 piece rotors..3.55 Gears..urethane suspension bushings..And many more mods to come....