Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper - View Single Post - 700 RPM Idle cold, 400 RPM idle hot.
View Single Post

Old August 16th, 2013, 10:17 AM   #12
Username

Username is not afraid of bears with 12855 pointsUsername is not afraid of bears with 12855 pointsUsername is not afraid of bears with 12855 pointsUsername is not afraid of bears with 12855 pointsUsername is not afraid of bears with 12855 pointsUsername is not afraid of bears with 12855 pointsUsername is not afraid of bears with 12855 pointsUsername is not afraid of bears with 12855 pointsUsername is not afraid of bears with 12855 pointsUsername is not afraid of bears with 12855 pointsUsername is not afraid of bears with 12855 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red1994 View Post
Do you have a step by step procedure for this? I hate to admit that I'm a low tech old fart in a high tech shit storm.
Thanks.
Battery disconnect is a no brainer... while it's off, open hood, look on side of both throttle bodies where the cables attach, there is a button-like device, press it in and pull the cables back .. Once you have done that, slowly and firmly press the accelerator pedal all the way down and you will hear the cables ratchet back down. Next, reconnect battery, turn ignition on and press accelerator pedal slowly down to floor 3 times, turn ignition off and then back on, start engine. IAC is bolted to forward, upper r/s of engine.. has a hose and a harness and 2 or 3 bolts. Take it off and spray inside with a little WD40 and reinstall. You can leave harness plugged in to check operation as you clean it but it might take a few cycles to reset after.

'96 RT/10..tooooo expensive to run!.
'05 ZX-10R..it will run 9's at the next track day!.
'98 Rotty.. tooooo lazy to run!.
'08 Cane Corso.. keeps trying to run away!.

This signature proofed and approved by Sgt Snatch..