Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper - View Single Post - TT Lambos cleans house KOS
View Single Post

Old August 9th, 2013, 05:13 PM   #18
sagev viper

sagev viper made Varsity with 1376 pointssagev viper made Varsity with 1376 pointssagev viper made Varsity with 1376 pointssagev viper made Varsity with 1376 pointssagev viper made Varsity with 1376 pointssagev viper made Varsity with 1376 pointssagev viper made Varsity with 1376 pointssagev viper made Varsity with 1376 pointssagev viper made Varsity with 1376 pointssagev viper made Varsity with 1376 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by kvip View Post
It's gonna be tough to take down an E-gear race version Gallardo. The problem is the dual clutch, high rpm and awd = one hell of a roll racing set up. Seems like the big problem with the viper set up is they don't build the boost until +4,000 rpm with the big turbo and only have maybe 2,000 rpm to make full boost vs the lambos 3-4,000 rpm of full boost. When the viper goes to shift with a 6spd it looses most of the boost during the shift. A sequential would take care of boost drop and shift speed would be close to a dual clutch (most important part). If you could get a big turbo'd Viper to make full boost around 3,000 rpm then the car could actually rev for a bit before the next shift is needed. Could you run a 100shot at 3,000 rpm to get the turbo spooling? Then you would have instant boost at a low rpm and allow the torque to pull to 6,000 rpms.

I have heard that the Euro's are optimistic about the weight of they're cars. I think GM/Dodge/Ford are all pesimistic about they're cars weights. I had a 99 z/28 and a 99 C5 and they both weighed less than GM claimed. For the hell of it, one day I stuck the Camaro on our Intercomp scales and it weighed right around 3,293 with a 1/4 tank of fuel. Just for reference, my road race GTS with fiberglass doors, hood, lexan windows, and cage weighed in at 3,143lbs with some fuel in it.
That ttg that won KOTS isn't egear, it's 6speed. Same car lost to Eddie bello in the 6speed challenge at the end of the day. Eddies car broke a run or two before the KOTS final, he fixed it for the 6 speed challenge.