Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper - View Single Post - TT Lambos cleans house KOS
View Single Post

Old August 9th, 2013, 12:32 PM   #12
Viper Explorer

Viper Explorer is not afraid of bears with 41359 pointsViper Explorer is not afraid of bears with 41359 pointsViper Explorer is not afraid of bears with 41359 pointsViper Explorer is not afraid of bears with 41359 pointsViper Explorer is not afraid of bears with 41359 pointsViper Explorer is not afraid of bears with 41359 pointsViper Explorer is not afraid of bears with 41359 pointsViper Explorer is not afraid of bears with 41359 pointsViper Explorer is not afraid of bears with 41359 pointsViper Explorer is not afraid of bears with 41359 pointsViper Explorer is not afraid of bears with 41359 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Former PFR View Post
Hard to find real curb weights for any of them. It seems that the Italians always claim something about 200 less than reality (and I'm not talking about dry vs. wet weight either). Claimed curb weight for the LP570 is 3150ish, but I'm skeptical. Has anyone put one on a scale yet? All of the rest of them are 3300-3500.

That said, if we're talking about modifying them (which we are), there is a lot more weight which can be removed from a Viper than a Lambo. Final, race weights, shouldn't be any different.

I think a Viper with proper tires, chassis setup, sequential box, and good tuning will run very well with anything. I think Seb is trying to show us that now.
I've seen a few get weighed down here and seem around what their rated at, think some guys haveput their weights up on LP before too. Ferrari though def over rates the weights, some of these cars came in 150-200lbs over ratings lol, rumors their weights are with no fluids or anything...not sure.

Can't wait to see Sebs car make runs