Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper - View Single Post - TT Lambos cleans house KOS
View Single Post

Old August 9th, 2013, 11:45 AM   #9
Viper Explorer

Viper Explorer is not afraid of bears with 41359 pointsViper Explorer is not afraid of bears with 41359 pointsViper Explorer is not afraid of bears with 41359 pointsViper Explorer is not afraid of bears with 41359 pointsViper Explorer is not afraid of bears with 41359 pointsViper Explorer is not afraid of bears with 41359 pointsViper Explorer is not afraid of bears with 41359 pointsViper Explorer is not afraid of bears with 41359 pointsViper Explorer is not afraid of bears with 41359 pointsViper Explorer is not afraid of bears with 41359 pointsViper Explorer is not afraid of bears with 41359 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Former PFR View Post
I agree about some of the other advantages, but I'd say weight is pretty much equal. The only Gallardos which are lighter than the Viper are the 2wd models and they have no advantage over a Viper. I think some of the Vipers being built right now should give the Gallardos a helluva hard time, as they finally are putting real transmissions in them. That's always been the thing that hurt the Viper against the Gallardos/GTRs.

To me, the greatest advantage has always been the money people are willing to spend. The Gallardo engine will never make Viper power when going all out. With enough work, I am sure the Viper can be made to hook up very well, but few have tried all that hard since the drag wars of the later 2000s.
I think their still lighter by a good bit but depends on the model, the awd SLs still tip the scales just over 3100 which is quite less then a Viper. Surprisingly the awd isn't heavy, I think people when they converted to rwd like some have only saved like 50 or 60lbs something like that?

We could start seeing some nice runs from the Vipers finally, I agree, especially with the advancements in tc/boost ramp programming which helps a ton with rwd high power. But still think it's going to be hard to really take the Gs down, their still even improving those, some of these cars are putting out ridiculous whp #s. Viper can make insane power too, but full kill mode, something like Sals car, I think that would be just too much for the street or dangerous.