Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner

My RSI TT build thread

22K views 233 replies 45 participants last post by  V10TT 
#1 · (Edited)
I have been holding off on creating this thread as I felt there was little point until the complete kit was in my possession. No sense in creating a thread and then waiting a few months for parts/updates. That said, I received the final parts to my TT last week and just dropped the car off with RSI's Georgia approved install facility, ARD Motorsports. I have been quoted a lead time of 1 week for the install/tune, but I suspect it will take longer due to the nature of the work and the coordination involved with RSI.

Anyways, the setup on the car is going to be an RSI stage 2 street system. The only difference between this system and the base kit are 6766 turbos, larger/higher flowing FMIC, and an EBC for boost control. The car will remain with its completely stock engine except for some Roe Racing valve springs that I installed in preparation for the kit. Other items to complete the setup are a Spec stage 3+ clutch, 170t-stat, ATI harmonic balancer, IPSCO power steering pulley/bracket, Woodhouse engine/transmission mounts, KW V2 coilovers, Stoptech big brake kit(front and rear), Corsa 3" exhaust, and an AEM Failsafe gauge(w/b and boost in one gauge).

The car is to be tuned with the SCT system as I have to pass emissions in my county, which leaves me with no other options. That said, the SCT system should be more than capable of tuning the car safely while hopefully hitting my goal of ~850whp on 93oct. I have ordered ScanXL Pro for my OBDII logging software and will use this program to monitor the car on the street.

As the shop progresses with the install, I will update this thread with all of the developments be they good or bad. Hopefully things will progress more quickly than many of the previous TT build threads and I can post some final results early in the new year.

Here is a pic I took of the turbos for a few of my friends. I am sure everyone who reads this will at least want to see something. The can is merely there for a size reference.

See less See more
#3 ·
RSI is, but I always make it a habit to keep tabs on the tune. I will likely purchase the SCT Pro Racer in the future and tinker with the tune myself if it routinely gets out of whack. I tuned my old cam'ed C6 coupe back in the day with HP Tuners so I am not new to tuning.

Reactions: plumcrazy
#5 ·
nice housings, but what are you running for air filters? the traditional 5" inlets make filter selection much easier....

#6 ·
RSI has filters that fit these turbos. I don't know if they are custom or not, but the kit comes with them.

I paid in full for the kit back at the end of August.

#8 ·
looks awesome! will hit a home run with this kit! might be a bit of a wait but well worth it from the results i've seen and quality and that price point.

#10 ·
Damn all these threads about TT Vipers. I only hate it because i am patiently waiting mine from RSI. Keep up on this thread as i would like to see the numbers your car puts down compared to my gen 1.5 "96 RT-10" with similar upgrades that you have.

#11 ·
Congrats on getting all the parts in! Long wait no doubt. I am looking forward to the results as well. I would like to see pics of it installed. I haven't seen too many clear pics of what it looks like installed on these RSI Street kits. I remember some older style TT kits but I haven't seen many of these new ones.

#13 ·
Good luck with the build, i didnt know RSI had an approved facility in GA, I am thinking of going with RSI in the future for my Gen 3, and one of the things that worried me was taking the car all the way to texas, i live in Greenville SC, so it's only a couple hours drive to atl!!

#14 ·
ARD Motorsports has been adding some photos to facebook as they proceed through the car. Here are some of the pictures they have taken of the build thus far:

#20 ·
Last few pictures that were taken. As of right now, everything is on the car and Will just sent them over the base tune to get the car running. Would love to get numbers and the car back in my posession this week. Will continue to post updates as they come.

#25 · (Edited)
Minor update: Car is running. Chris@ARD and Jeremy@RSI went back and forth a few times getting the base file where it should be and the car idling good. Hope to hit the dyno tomorrow.

Reactions: boomer
#29 · (Edited)
Another update: Got a call from Chris @ ARD a few minutes ago and he was ecstatic with how the car drove and pulled(or lack there of due to wheelspin) on just the wastegate springs(roughly 6psi). This is still just the base tune with 10.5:1 A/F at WOT and he said he could not get traction in any of the first three gears when rolling in to it. Here are some final install pics that were just posted:

Reactions: plumcrazy
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.