Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner

Locked keys in trunk. Need help asap

9K views 31 replies 14 participants last post by  Alkybanshee 
#1 ·
Is there any way to get into the trunk of a 2003 viper? I'm at a racing event an while grabbing my helmet I dropped my keys in the trunk on accident. Is there any way to get the trunk open? Please call 503-490-7370. Please give me a call if you know a way. I can verity vin number of you want to show I really have the can and am not some asshole trying to steal a car

#11 ·
It works. Never had to do that with the viper, but my kid locked my keys inside my lightning once at the gas station. I just called home and had the wife push the unlock button over the phone and presto. It took a few tries and me waving my phone around a bit, but it worked.

Lol at the body trick. Never believed the under the chin trick til I tried it. Weird.

#17 ·
#21 ·
Yeah, and WHO lead you to the answer?! Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

:D :D

Sorry I missed ya at the race Kris :(

#18 ·
I had someone call and help me out with the key's. Thanks for the kind and not so kind replies. I figured I would get a hard time for looking like an idiot (and I am doing that). I was really in a rough situation. I was three hours from home, and the only locksmith in the area said good luck and he was not working today.

The event I was at was in Carrabelle, FL. It was a standing 1/2 mile event at a small airport runway. I averaged 140mph with a top of 142mph

#24 ·
I was at the Carabelle event. Had a good time, even if we fought the weather and had to postpone it to Sunday. Kris is a good guy... Mike got him in touch with Tom Sessions, who gave him a quick and painless method of popping the trunk without using the remote. Glad to meet you Kris!

I ran my car once (sort of an exhibition) and will tell you this: Carabelle 1/2 mile race is NOT the place to take a Gen 2 with stock brakes!!!

#25 ·
Hate I missed the event Kris. Let me know if you get to Pensacola again. Did take the wife to Defuniak Springs I-10 exit to the Chatagua Winery and back down 98 towards home. Great drive. Glad you got your keys out.
Gonna post my video my attorney subpoena to get. Got out of the double reckless driving points. lol.

#26 ·
Tom is the man being just over an hour away from me our local guys have used him quite a bit with great help. I laughed when I read cell phone transmitter but I know someone who has a special Ford fob that unlocks recent Ford years. Nothing like back in day using that on a new car Ford car lot with hundred alarms going off and manager trying to figure out why. It still works but only on certain years.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.