Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner

2013 Viper Revealed, by Hot Wheels?

6K views 33 replies 26 participants last post by  Chineseguy 
#1 ·

We're all anxiously awaiting the arrival of the 2013 SRT Viper by Dodge, scheduled to debut in April at the New York International Auto Show. Until then, all that SRT (or Dodge) has done is tease us with images of the upcoming model. Toy maker Hot Wheels may, however, have just accidentally revealed the new Viper.

Hot Wheels released a list of thumbnail preview images of its upcoming toy cars and mixed in all of it was what they titled as a '13 Viper. And while skeptics might believe that they took a little liberty in determining the design of their toy car, Hot Wheels has a reputation of generating very accurate models.

It is without a doubt what many would envision the next-generation Viper to look like - aggressive, sleek body lines, without abandoning the traditional and infamous shape of the Viper model. Either way, it's the best that we can get and it will be rather interesting just how accurate this model toy car image is to the real thing.
Read the full story at AutoGuide.com

See less See more
#8 ·
It is pretty close to what we saw at VOI.

It is the next viper:

It was confiremed a real hotwheels poster with the words 2013 Viper undernieth it, it looks amazingly simular to what we saw at VOI, it fits all the teaser pics and Drive SRT took all the images down.(And arn't denying it)

#15 ·
It's just a hot wheels car....
people who have seen the clay model say it's close, but the hood and wheels are obviously wrong. It's also not curvy enough. Go look at other hot wheels cars and compare them to their real cars. They never look exactly right and always look worse.

#17 ·
I never thought the Gen3/4 cars were stylistically worthy of the Viper name. Chiseled lines and sharp creases have NO PLACE on a car that calls itself a snake. The only straight lines on the Gen1/2 cars were at the top of the exhaust sills.

So, there you have it.

#26 ·
I'll say it again..

the lights are one of the biggest issues with the car on the angle and line... It kills the viper look.

after we all see it in person then I'm sure things will go either more positive or the shit will hit the fan.

my gut is the shit already hit the fan..

#28 ·
after seeing the actual hot wheels car, i'm digging it. the headlights should have been rounded more, but all in all, it is definately a throw back to the gen 2!
luckily it won't have a set of 28" wheels on it though which is almost proportionate to the hot wheels car!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.