Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner

Need Street Tire Advice For TT Viper...

4K views 32 replies 16 participants last post by  No Name 
#1 ·
Hi,

I am looking to buy some stickier tires/drag radials for my 2001 TT Bumble Bee for daily street use. The car currently has 345/30/19 PS2's on the rear. I am not planning on changing out the 19" iForged wheels for 18" wheels.

Nitto NT05's or Nitto Invo's or NT05R's (will be released soon)???

Can someone please lead me in the right direction!

Thanks for the help.

Shaun

#5 ·
Can you get the Hoosier or MT's in a 19?? I checked before, but I don't think they were available.:arcade:

#7 ·
The best hooking tire is the MT Drag Radial.....but they dont make in 19"......

We're both in the same boat with PS2's, and I'm purchasing the NT05R's....patiently waiting.

The NT05R tread looks pretty close to the MT DR, and I'm very curious to see how they will hook.

They really are the only good option at this time....however dont get caught in the rain looking at the tread pattern...

#10 ·
For the guys running the Invos - How do you find them for traction compared to the PS2 or regular street tire??

What kind of life??

Thanks.

#14 ·
I know you're running an auto, but that's still amazing!

Shaun,
I have 20" Invo's on the back and I'm pretty amazed at how well they hook, given what they are anyway. If I had 19's, I'd either go with the Invo's if I planned on driving it a lot, or I'd wait for the NT05R's if i didn't plan on putting many miles on it and never thought I'd get stuck in the rain. The Invo's are excellent in the rain.

#21 ·
Stupid quesiton for some here, but never ran Invos. I run 18" Nitto 555R's on my Roe and I beat the shit out of all my cars so what would hook better-Invos or the Nittor 555R? I like my 555R, but on the corners is is acceptable, but not right and would love to get that great hook and still corner, but can't see it happening....

#22 ·
555R's would hook better....but still not great.

I had them on my 01 Z06, car made 400whp (N/A) and those tires didnt hook for anything.

Installed a nitrous setup and swapped to the BFG's and they hooked until 550whp, then it was time for the Mickey Thompson's.....

Since then, I've run the MT DR's on every street car I've modded. Most recently I had them on my 2900 lb 810whp Nissan 240SX, and they hooked from a second roll....

So pissed MT hasn't stepped up and released a 19" DR...that tire is the shiznit.

#23 ·
I was running high 10.80's not tuned on a bad clutch (only 30 miles on a new one) on my Nitto's and even run them on my 467 CID GTO with a stick and like them. Anyone else have an opinion on them? TY Riggs for the input! Gary

#24 ·
I've had 555R's on a couple of cars and the Invos on a current ride. Unless you can compare them on the same car using the same sizes, it's pretty difficult to give a fair comparison. With that said, I'd say the 555R's hook a little better. I'd guess the Invos handle better, but the 555R is a fairly decent handling tire for a DR.

If you're looking for the best of both worlds, I'd suggest going with a R compound road racing tire. It will obviously handle much better, and the soft compound will hook pretty well, but dont expect to get 20k out of them. Remember, tires are almost always a compromise in one regard of another... you just have to decide what's important to you.

#25 ·
I have PS2's right now, but I am going to try INVOs on another pair of wheels. I have a feeling neither is goign to be ideal.

#27 ·
After a lot of reading through the various forums, I'm gonna pick up the Michelin Pilot Sport Cups in a 345/30/19.

They have a 80 tread wear and they have a small grooves for water. They should also last much longer than a 00 tread wear drag radial. The cups are a R compound as well.

I'm afraid of getting caught in a down pour with the Hoosier R6 and I don't want to put my car in a ditch on the highway.

I can pick them up as Costco as well.

Shaun

#31 ·
Hollywood,

Who cut the grooves in the R6's?? Price??

How many miles are you getting out of the R6's??

Thanks.

Shaun

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.