Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner

Need help with brake pad choice.

1K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  vip gts 
#1 ·
Hey guys I am getting ready to change wheels and would like to put some good pads on while the wheels are off. Any suggestions? I would like some that DO NOT squeak if possible. lol
01 GTS with stock brake calipers and Bear two piece rotors.

#2 ·
I have EBC Reds (new style with ceramic compound) and they suck. They squeel and they dust up the rims. And yes they were installed properly with the rotors prepped correctly. These pads just suck. Get something else.;) I have heard good things about Hawk pads.

#7 ·
I have Brakeman 3 pads and they squeek but stop well.

Reactions: 99RT10&GTS
#11 ·
I run the Hawk HPS with EBC rotors and I have zero squeal and almost no dust after break-in. Since I run polished rims, low dust is important to me and I have been very happy with them.

They have also not worn my rotors significantly after 10K or so street miles. There are more aggressive compound Hawk pads for racing that might eat rotors though.

#13 ·
There are two types of Hawks that are used on the Viper. HPs adn HPS. HPs have better stopping ability, but have more dust. The HPS is more for street use and have a lettle less dust. I have a full set selling for $195 shipped to your door.

Reactions: BAD68GTO
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.