How bad is the ACR on the road? - Page 2 - Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper

Go Back   Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper » Viper Alley » Viper Discussions - Gen V SRT 2013-up
» Live Feed « · War Room · Graffiti Wall · Chat · Arcade · Viper Blogs ·  

Viper Discussions - Gen V SRT 2013-up Discussions of Viper-related subjects covering the Gen V Viper 2013-up models.

How bad is the ACR on the road?

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Old March 25th, 2017, 11:09 PM   #21

Passin Gas is not afraid of bears with 15351 pointsPassin Gas is not afraid of bears with 15351 pointsPassin Gas is not afraid of bears with 15351 pointsPassin Gas is not afraid of bears with 15351 pointsPassin Gas is not afraid of bears with 15351 pointsPassin Gas is not afraid of bears with 15351 pointsPassin Gas is not afraid of bears with 15351 pointsPassin Gas is not afraid of bears with 15351 pointsPassin Gas is not afraid of bears with 15351 pointsPassin Gas is not afraid of bears with 15351 pointsPassin Gas is not afraid of bears with 15351 points
If you want the ACR buy it.
If the wife don't like it she don't have to drive it
Buy the wife her own car
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 27th, 2017, 04:20 PM   #22

White Out made Varsity with 871 pointsWhite Out made Varsity with 871 pointsWhite Out made Varsity with 871 pointsWhite Out made Varsity with 871 pointsWhite Out made Varsity with 871 pointsWhite Out made Varsity with 871 pointsWhite Out made Varsity with 871 points
ACR is going to feel like an S Class compared to the Lotus.

Old March 28th, 2017, 02:10 AM   #23

Ozzi is not afraid of bears with 9812 pointsOzzi is not afraid of bears with 9812 pointsOzzi is not afraid of bears with 9812 pointsOzzi is not afraid of bears with 9812 pointsOzzi is not afraid of bears with 9812 pointsOzzi is not afraid of bears with 9812 pointsOzzi is not afraid of bears with 9812 pointsOzzi is not afraid of bears with 9812 pointsOzzi is not afraid of bears with 9812 pointsOzzi is not afraid of bears with 9812 pointsOzzi is not afraid of bears with 9812 points
It doesn't matter what country you go to;

Bitches are always thinking imports are better than domestics, in everything.

I like it now.

I've been able to adjust my pickings up a point or two because of it !

Last edited by Ozzi; March 28th, 2017 at 02:18 AM.

Old March 31st, 2017, 10:24 AM   #24

trademarked is The Man with 2269 pointstrademarked is The Man with 2269 pointstrademarked is The Man with 2269 pointstrademarked is The Man with 2269 pointstrademarked is The Man with 2269 pointstrademarked is The Man with 2269 pointstrademarked is The Man with 2269 pointstrademarked is The Man with 2269 pointstrademarked is The Man with 2269 pointstrademarked is The Man with 2269 pointstrademarked is The Man with 2269 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by unconscionable View Post
Oh, and I live in Manhattan, so the Viper is an enormous middle finger to all the Porsche 911 and Mercedes SUV owning elitists around here. That's part of the appeal. But the F type has a more obnoxious exhaust note that they won't be expecting... hmmmm
You're going to drive an ACR...In Manhattan.... Now I understand why everyone is giving you dire warnings. That's going to suck. It's also going to look ridiculous. Plus you'll probably have homeless sleeping on your wing.

Old April 1st, 2017, 04:26 AM   #25
OG STUNNA

Darius is not afraid of bears with 24243 pointsDarius is not afraid of bears with 24243 pointsDarius is not afraid of bears with 24243 pointsDarius is not afraid of bears with 24243 pointsDarius is not afraid of bears with 24243 pointsDarius is not afraid of bears with 24243 pointsDarius is not afraid of bears with 24243 pointsDarius is not afraid of bears with 24243 pointsDarius is not afraid of bears with 24243 pointsDarius is not afraid of bears with 24243 pointsDarius is not afraid of bears with 24243 points
Driving a ACR never sucks. You're probably in your 40s or later. You remember the older cars. This is a Cadillac compared to a 1970's muscle car. It's luxury get over it. Buy it, go fast.

Old April 1st, 2017, 11:02 AM   #26

trademarked is The Man with 2269 pointstrademarked is The Man with 2269 pointstrademarked is The Man with 2269 pointstrademarked is The Man with 2269 pointstrademarked is The Man with 2269 pointstrademarked is The Man with 2269 pointstrademarked is The Man with 2269 pointstrademarked is The Man with 2269 pointstrademarked is The Man with 2269 pointstrademarked is The Man with 2269 pointstrademarked is The Man with 2269 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darius View Post
Driving a ACR never sucks. You're probably in your 40s or later. You remember the older cars. This is a Cadillac compared to a 1970's muscle car. It's luxury get over it. Buy it, go fast.
Have you ever driven in manhattan? Driving an ACR will SUCK in manhattan. Not only will the blind spots cause fender benders, the width of the car is going to cause huge issues, and it's going to get trashed when parked. Never mind ride quality, who cares about ride quality, the car is just going to get destroyed. There isn't even anywhere to open it up. I'm all for driving extreme purpose built cars, even as daily drivers, but Manhattan... even driving a prius in manhattan sucks.

Old April 1st, 2017, 11:23 AM   #27
Super Mod

Red Snake is not afraid of bears with 104259 pointsRed Snake is not afraid of bears with 104259 pointsRed Snake is not afraid of bears with 104259 pointsRed Snake is not afraid of bears with 104259 pointsRed Snake is not afraid of bears with 104259 pointsRed Snake is not afraid of bears with 104259 pointsRed Snake is not afraid of bears with 104259 pointsRed Snake is not afraid of bears with 104259 pointsRed Snake is not afraid of bears with 104259 pointsRed Snake is not afraid of bears with 104259 pointsRed Snake is not afraid of bears with 104259 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by trademarked View Post
Have you ever driven in manhattan? Driving an ACR will SUCK in manhattan. Not only will the blind spots cause fender benders, the width of the car is going to cause huge issues, and it's going to get trashed when parked. Never mind ride quality, who cares about ride quality, the car is just going to get destroyed. There isn't even anywhere to open it up. I'm all for driving extreme purpose built cars, even as daily drivers, but Manhattan... even driving a prius in manhattan sucks.
Driving a Prius would suck anywhere lol.

Old April 1st, 2017, 11:24 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Snake View Post
Driving a Prius would suck anywhere lol.
I would enjoy driving it to the crusher

Old April 1st, 2017, 11:34 AM   #29
Kitty Wrangler Denali Owner

8.0L>1.8T is The Man with 1768 points8.0L>1.8T is The Man with 1768 points8.0L>1.8T is The Man with 1768 points8.0L>1.8T is The Man with 1768 points8.0L>1.8T is The Man with 1768 points8.0L>1.8T is The Man with 1768 points8.0L>1.8T is The Man with 1768 points8.0L>1.8T is The Man with 1768 points8.0L>1.8T is The Man with 1768 points8.0L>1.8T is The Man with 1768 points8.0L>1.8T is The Man with 1768 points
Quote:
Quote:
Sounds like Manhattan sucks to drive anything in.

Old April 7th, 2017, 01:49 PM   #30

White Out made Varsity with 871 pointsWhite Out made Varsity with 871 pointsWhite Out made Varsity with 871 pointsWhite Out made Varsity with 871 pointsWhite Out made Varsity with 871 pointsWhite Out made Varsity with 871 pointsWhite Out made Varsity with 871 points
Quote:
Last time I was there with my Murci I ended up driving on the sidewalk with a 430 Scud in tow. Roads were fantastic. lol

I would drive an ACR in Manhattan, just take the front lip spoiler off or the city will do that for you.

Old April 7th, 2017, 02:12 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8.0L>1.8T View Post
Sounds like Manhattan sucks to drive anything in.
I don't think there is any more intense/stressful/enraging/confusing situation to drive in, in this county, than manhattan. I think to find anything more difficult you have to go to a 3rd world country.

Old June 8th, 2017, 09:46 AM   #32
n00b

unconscionable is a B-Teamer with 60 points
So I ended up getting an ACR anyway. And it cost me $7k more than if I had bought the first one I was looking at in January. And I'm $40k in the hole on the Jag. Fuck.

So now I have the Jag and the ACR.

As a road car, it's not great, but it's not as bad as a gen II or as a Lotus elise. It's mostly bad because the seat bolstering is super tight, the springs are ultra stiff, the windshield has awful visibility for tall people, and I can't speak to anyone on Bluetooth with the single speaker. For short drives, it's fine. For long highway cruises, get a trailer.

Had it shipped straight to Fabspeed to do XPEL and then drove it straight to the track yesterday. .

We (meaning my friend) obliterated the track record at New York Safety Track. Previous record was 1:33.9 by a 1000 HP GTR. We did 1:30.9 and could've gone faster if the fronts weren't toast and traction control was off.

I'll be at Watkins Glen this entire weekend if anyone is there. It's getting new front tires mounted now.

As a track car, this thing is incredible. It's not at all what you imagine a Viper to be. It drives like a big Miata. It's responsive and predictable. It's planted and the tires never break loose from
Throttle. It's a peaky engine that needs to be revived to move.

'00 RT/10 -- Sold and not really missed.

Old June 9th, 2017, 02:37 PM   #33

I'm not sure if the GenV can run it, but you might want a seat lowering kit.

Old June 11th, 2017, 04:14 PM   #34

ViperJon is not afraid of bears with 18894 pointsViperJon is not afraid of bears with 18894 pointsViperJon is not afraid of bears with 18894 pointsViperJon is not afraid of bears with 18894 pointsViperJon is not afraid of bears with 18894 pointsViperJon is not afraid of bears with 18894 pointsViperJon is not afraid of bears with 18894 pointsViperJon is not afraid of bears with 18894 pointsViperJon is not afraid of bears with 18894 pointsViperJon is not afraid of bears with 18894 pointsViperJon is not afraid of bears with 18894 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by unconscionable View Post
We (meaning my friend) obliterated the track record at New York Safety Track. Previous record was 1:33.9 by a 1000 HP GTR. We did 1:30.9 and could've gone faster if the fronts weren't toast and traction control was off. .
I was wondering whose ACR Sam was driving. Well done! He's a good driver for a Porsche-ophile.... Enjoy it.

Old June 12th, 2017, 03:49 PM   #35
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperJon View Post
I was wondering whose ACR Sam was driving. Well done! He's a good driver for a Porsche-ophile.... Enjoy it.
Thanks! You should come out. More track time than you can handle.

He isn't the boasting type, but he's got fire in his eyes. The racer in him was emerging. As he was driving, I felt him getting more and more confident with each turn. The ACR, it goes without saying, is not like other Vipers. It drives like a big fucking Miata with endless grip.

My car isn't extreme aero which may or may not have helped.

Old June 12th, 2017, 03:53 PM   #36
n00b

Quote:
Yeah. You're spot on. I have a blown Elise with straight pipes. My racer friend, Sam, drove the Elise up to the track while I drove the ACR.

As I arrived, I pitched a bitch fit about the single speaker and the heavily bolstered seats. He looks at me and goes, "are you fucking kidding me? I was riding in a rattling sardine can that could've gotten flattened by an Escalade. Also I'm deaf."

The truth is it's tolerable, but if there are any road imperfections, the whole car jumps. I found it's best to keep two hands on the wheel.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper » Viper Alley » Viper Discussions - Gen V SRT 2013-up

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.