New to the viper world - Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper

Go Back   Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper » Viper Alley » Viper Discussions - Gen III & IV SRT
» Live Feed « · War Room · Graffiti Wall · Chat · Arcade · Viper Blogs ·  

Viper Discussions - Gen III & IV SRT For discussions about the SRT, SRT Coupe, and ACR models.

New to the viper world

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

New to the viper world
Old December 24th, 2012, 09:39 AM   #1
n00b

longroof  with -105 pointslongroof  with -105 points
New to the viper world

First off . Hello And not sure if i am in the rite section.

I am new to the forum and the Viper world.
I have ben around the new camaro and corvette and have done forced injection on both.
And now
I have just bought a 2008 Dodge Viper SRT-10 Coupe
And would like info on performace upgrades.
Is there a supercharger kit out there for the 08?
Or just TT? My first choice would be supercharger.
Also where is the best place to deal with?
longroof
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 24th, 2012, 09:47 AM   #2

dave6666 is not afraid of bears with 27161 pointsdave6666 is not afraid of bears with 27161 pointsdave6666 is not afraid of bears with 27161 pointsdave6666 is not afraid of bears with 27161 pointsdave6666 is not afraid of bears with 27161 pointsdave6666 is not afraid of bears with 27161 pointsdave6666 is not afraid of bears with 27161 pointsdave6666 is not afraid of bears with 27161 pointsdave6666 is not afraid of bears with 27161 pointsdave6666 is not afraid of bears with 27161 pointsdave6666 is not afraid of bears with 27161 points
Starting point:

Where are you located, and why haven't you posted pics of strippers on the hood of your car?

Old December 24th, 2012, 10:16 AM   #3

Moundir is not afraid of bears with 5375 pointsMoundir is not afraid of bears with 5375 pointsMoundir is not afraid of bears with 5375 pointsMoundir is not afraid of bears with 5375 pointsMoundir is not afraid of bears with 5375 pointsMoundir is not afraid of bears with 5375 pointsMoundir is not afraid of bears with 5375 pointsMoundir is not afraid of bears with 5375 pointsMoundir is not afraid of bears with 5375 pointsMoundir is not afraid of bears with 5375 pointsMoundir is not afraid of bears with 5375 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by longroof View Post
First off . Hello And not sure if i am in the rite section.

I am new to the forum and the Viper world.
I have ben around the new camaro and corvette and have done forced injection on both.
And now
I have just bought a 2008 Dodge Viper SRT-10 Coupe
And would like info on performace upgrades.
Is there a supercharger kit out there for the 08?
Or just TT? My first choice would be supercharger.
Also where is the best place to deal with?
longroof
Welcome to the mad house, otherwise known as the Alley! You will soon find out that with the gen 4 viper that supercharger options are non existent, and there are less than 5 tt cars done or that are running! If you like to mod your car, and that seems pretty evident by your first post, I'm sorry to say, you bought the wrong viper! The fucking compute on this car is not tunable and doesn't play with standalones either! It's a fucking nightmare that's kept me from TTing my car for the past year and a half! While many can build or install a tt or supercharger, only a hand ful can tune the beast. Good luck and post some pics of your car.

Old December 24th, 2012, 11:10 AM   #4

Netko is not afraid of bears with 11019 pointsNetko is not afraid of bears with 11019 pointsNetko is not afraid of bears with 11019 pointsNetko is not afraid of bears with 11019 pointsNetko is not afraid of bears with 11019 pointsNetko is not afraid of bears with 11019 pointsNetko is not afraid of bears with 11019 pointsNetko is not afraid of bears with 11019 pointsNetko is not afraid of bears with 11019 pointsNetko is not afraid of bears with 11019 pointsNetko is not afraid of bears with 11019 points
Good info to know.^

I wonder what restrictions there will be on the 2013...

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

Old December 24th, 2012, 01:03 PM   #5

bigmack339 is not afraid of bears with 4525 pointsbigmack339 is not afraid of bears with 4525 pointsbigmack339 is not afraid of bears with 4525 pointsbigmack339 is not afraid of bears with 4525 pointsbigmack339 is not afraid of bears with 4525 pointsbigmack339 is not afraid of bears with 4525 pointsbigmack339 is not afraid of bears with 4525 pointsbigmack339 is not afraid of bears with 4525 pointsbigmack339 is not afraid of bears with 4525 pointsbigmack339 is not afraid of bears with 4525 pointsbigmack339 is not afraid of bears with 4525 points
Trade that 08 for a GEN III and start tuning friend.

Old December 24th, 2012, 11:11 PM   #6
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moundir View Post
Welcome to the mad house, otherwise known as the Alley! You will soon find out that with the gen 4 viper that supercharger options are non existent, and there are less than 5 tt cars done or that are running! If you like to mod your car, and that seems pretty evident by your first post, I'm sorry to say, you bought the wrong viper! The fucking compute on this car is not tunable and doesn't play with standalones either! It's a fucking nightmare that's kept me from TTing my car for the past year and a half! While many can build or install a tt or supercharger, only a hand ful can tune the beast. Good luck and post some pics of your car.
Damm .
I was looking forward to Charging this beast.
Kinda remember something like this with the chalenger also

Old December 26th, 2012, 06:38 PM   #7
n00b

Looks like you guys are rite.
What are my options for engine upgrades or twin turbo?
and who would you use for the upgrade?
Thanks

Old December 26th, 2012, 06:59 PM   #8

Hyph is not afraid of bears with 9026 pointsHyph is not afraid of bears with 9026 pointsHyph is not afraid of bears with 9026 pointsHyph is not afraid of bears with 9026 pointsHyph is not afraid of bears with 9026 pointsHyph is not afraid of bears with 9026 pointsHyph is not afraid of bears with 9026 pointsHyph is not afraid of bears with 9026 pointsHyph is not afraid of bears with 9026 pointsHyph is not afraid of bears with 9026 pointsHyph is not afraid of bears with 9026 points
Quote:
Looks like you guys are rite.
What are my options for engine upgrades or twin turbo?
and who would you use for the upgrade?
Thanks
Call RSI (Racing Solutions | The Leader In Dodge Viper Performance Parts and Twin Turbo Systems | RSI), they can get your Gen 4 setup with a built engine, twin turbos, or whatever else you are looking for.

As far as ECU's go.... most Gen 4's are waiting on the AEM Infinity, but the Pectel (which I have on my car) works fantastic if you don't mind spending a bit more.

Old January 7th, 2013, 08:50 AM   #9
n00b

Thanks for the help.
We have decided.
It Is headed for RSI next month.

Old January 7th, 2013, 10:44 AM   #10
Enthusiast

SRTVen is a B-Teamer with 100 pointsSRTVen is a B-Teamer with 100 points
Send a message via AIM to SRTVen
Forced "Injection" - Seems criminal...Didn't know you could do that with cars.

INDUCTION is the word you are looking for.

Welcome to the Alley!

Old January 7th, 2013, 11:06 AM   #11

Moundir is not afraid of bears with 5375 pointsMoundir is not afraid of bears with 5375 pointsMoundir is not afraid of bears with 5375 pointsMoundir is not afraid of bears with 5375 pointsMoundir is not afraid of bears with 5375 pointsMoundir is not afraid of bears with 5375 pointsMoundir is not afraid of bears with 5375 pointsMoundir is not afraid of bears with 5375 pointsMoundir is not afraid of bears with 5375 pointsMoundir is not afraid of bears with 5375 pointsMoundir is not afraid of bears with 5375 points
Quote:
Thanks for the help.
We have decided.
It Is headed for RSI next month.
Please tell us that you have done a search here and have seen some of the horror stories coming out of that shop in the past few years! Unless you are local you are pretty much fucked it seems! Just a heads up, so you can't say, no one ever told you! Good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper » Viper Alley » Viper Discussions - Gen III & IV SRT

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.