Originally Posted by ttviperman
I ordered 3 off Ebay and used this to program them.
How to Program a Viper Remote | eHow.com
Enter your car with your remote and ignition key. Leave the driver's door open.
Insert your key into the car's ignition slot, turn the key to the "ACC" position and press and release the "Valet" button on the remote. Press and release the button once to program the alarm, twice for the trunk release and locks, or three times for the remote starter system.
Wait for one, two or three chirps from the car's system, depending on how many times you pressed the "Valet" button, and then press and hold "Valet" again.
Press whatever button you are programming on the remote while still holding the "Valet" button
Wait for the system to chirp again and then release both buttons to finish the programming process
Read more: How to Program a Viper Remote | eHow.com How to Program a Viper Remote | eHow.com
So, if anyone is trying to use this method it is wrong.
Here is the correct method:
1. Turn your key to the "Run" position, but do not start the engine. Shut the doors and wait for the warning beeps to stop.
2. Hold the "Unlock" button on the currently programmed remote for five seconds, and then press and hold the "Panic" button (while still holding "Unlock") for one second.
3. Press and hold the "Lock" and "Unlock" button on the same remote for a few seconds, then release the buttons and press the "Unlock" button.
4. Press and hold the "Lock" and "Unlock" button on the new remote, then release the buttons and press the "Unlock" button. Repeat the procedure for up to four remotes within 30 seconds.
* Remember to program both remotes, you will need to reprogram your original remote as well.
** Drivers door will be open for this procedure.