New Snake.. A canadian one.. - Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper

Go Back   Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper » Viper Alley » Viper Discussions - Gen III & IV SRT
» Live Feed « · War Room · Graffiti Wall · Chat · Arcade · Viper Blogs ·  

Viper Discussions - Gen III & IV SRT For discussions about the SRT, SRT Coupe, and ACR models.

New Snake.. A canadian one..

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Old November 20th, 2012, 06:24 PM   #1
Enthusiast

Canadian Snake hangs with the Hiddens with 561 pointsCanadian Snake hangs with the Hiddens with 561 pointsCanadian Snake hangs with the Hiddens with 561 pointsCanadian Snake hangs with the Hiddens with 561 pointsCanadian Snake hangs with the Hiddens with 561 pointsCanadian Snake hangs with the Hiddens with 561 points

Hi Guys, been lurking for awhile, sold my Shelby GT500 at the end of the summer and began my quest for a Viper, I finally pulled the trigger last weekend on a clean 04 SRT10 with 50000kms ( 30000miles) and decided it was time to post.
Quite happy with the deal the previous owner threw in 4 new Michelin Pilot Tires, cover,various fluids ( oil, tranny, atf4) and a Burago Model. Sad thing is today the car goes into winter hibernation today that gives me time to work on the detailing the car and replacing that pesky power steering/fan line (it's weeping at the fitting on the pump side) If I cant make a new line myself I will order the aftermarket JTS ones!
The Viper is Quite the difference from my Shelby, it has so much torque,and handles like it's on rails... wow, so I'm still into Snakes!
I will post up a few pics when I'm allowed.

Cheers!
Mike
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 20th, 2012, 07:36 PM   #2

Dirtysocks is not afraid of bears with 17701 pointsDirtysocks is not afraid of bears with 17701 pointsDirtysocks is not afraid of bears with 17701 pointsDirtysocks is not afraid of bears with 17701 pointsDirtysocks is not afraid of bears with 17701 pointsDirtysocks is not afraid of bears with 17701 pointsDirtysocks is not afraid of bears with 17701 pointsDirtysocks is not afraid of bears with 17701 pointsDirtysocks is not afraid of bears with 17701 pointsDirtysocks is not afraid of bears with 17701 pointsDirtysocks is not afraid of bears with 17701 points
Send a message via MSN to Dirtysocks
Where the hell is Canadia?

Old November 20th, 2012, 07:48 PM   #3
Enthusiast

Canadian Snake hangs with the Hiddens with 561 pointsCanadian Snake hangs with the Hiddens with 561 pointsCanadian Snake hangs with the Hiddens with 561 pointsCanadian Snake hangs with the Hiddens with 561 pointsCanadian Snake hangs with the Hiddens with 561 pointsCanadian Snake hangs with the Hiddens with 561 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtysocks View Post
Where the hell is Canadia?
Duno never heard of it...

Old November 20th, 2012, 07:55 PM   #4

Dirtysocks is not afraid of bears with 17701 pointsDirtysocks is not afraid of bears with 17701 pointsDirtysocks is not afraid of bears with 17701 pointsDirtysocks is not afraid of bears with 17701 pointsDirtysocks is not afraid of bears with 17701 pointsDirtysocks is not afraid of bears with 17701 pointsDirtysocks is not afraid of bears with 17701 pointsDirtysocks is not afraid of bears with 17701 pointsDirtysocks is not afraid of bears with 17701 pointsDirtysocks is not afraid of bears with 17701 pointsDirtysocks is not afraid of bears with 17701 points
What province/city?

Old November 20th, 2012, 08:00 PM   #5
Enthusiast

East Coast, St John's, Newfoundland.

Mike

Old November 20th, 2012, 08:03 PM   #6

Nice! Enjoy the car, and stay away from those rogue telephone polls that jump out in the road.

Old November 20th, 2012, 08:05 PM   #7
Enthusiast

Cool, Thanks for the welcome!

Old November 20th, 2012, 08:27 PM   #8

VP500 is not afraid of bears with 3902 pointsVP500 is not afraid of bears with 3902 pointsVP500 is not afraid of bears with 3902 pointsVP500 is not afraid of bears with 3902 pointsVP500 is not afraid of bears with 3902 pointsVP500 is not afraid of bears with 3902 pointsVP500 is not afraid of bears with 3902 pointsVP500 is not afraid of bears with 3902 pointsVP500 is not afraid of bears with 3902 pointsVP500 is not afraid of bears with 3902 pointsVP500 is not afraid of bears with 3902 points
Blame canaidia!!!

Old November 21st, 2012, 09:23 AM   #9
n00b

ninjakris is unremarkable with 10 points
I replaced my power steering/fan lines with JTS lines about a month ago. I highly reccomend these lines over the OEM stuff. I went with all black fittings and you would never know they are non-oem parts. Plus, the kit comes with a sending and returning line from the fan.

Old November 21st, 2012, 03:09 PM   #10
Enthusiast

04sssti is kissing alot of ass around here with 492 points04sssti is kissing alot of ass around here with 492 points04sssti is kissing alot of ass around here with 492 points04sssti is kissing alot of ass around here with 492 points04sssti is kissing alot of ass around here with 492 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Snake View Post
East Coast, St John's, Newfoundland.

Mike

So we got a "townie" on our hands!! Damn I would give me left nut for a feed of Big R fish and chips right now!

Old November 21st, 2012, 03:13 PM   #11
Enthusiast

LOL Had a feed just last week, It was great!

Old November 21st, 2012, 03:25 PM   #12
Enthusiast

04sssti is kissing alot of ass around here with 492 points04sssti is kissing alot of ass around here with 492 points04sssti is kissing alot of ass around here with 492 points04sssti is kissing alot of ass around here with 492 points04sssti is kissing alot of ass around here with 492 points
Quote:
LOL Had a feed just last week, It was great!
You son of a bitch!! I too am a townie, now living in PA. Don't have a viper yet but I am looking forward to one in the spring. Let me guess ... engineer? Congrats on the new viper, it has been a dream of mine since I saw big Danny driving around in one in the early 90's!

Old November 21st, 2012, 03:28 PM   #13

virginiavenom is not afraid of bears with 15711 pointsvirginiavenom is not afraid of bears with 15711 pointsvirginiavenom is not afraid of bears with 15711 pointsvirginiavenom is not afraid of bears with 15711 pointsvirginiavenom is not afraid of bears with 15711 pointsvirginiavenom is not afraid of bears with 15711 pointsvirginiavenom is not afraid of bears with 15711 pointsvirginiavenom is not afraid of bears with 15711 pointsvirginiavenom is not afraid of bears with 15711 pointsvirginiavenom is not afraid of bears with 15711 pointsvirginiavenom is not afraid of bears with 15711 points
a canadian snake huh. must be a nice one with no fangs....

welcome

Old November 21st, 2012, 03:42 PM   #14
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04sssti View Post
You son of a bitch!! I too am a townie, now living in PA. Don't have a viper yet but I am looking forward to one in the spring. Let me guess ... engineer? Congrats on the new viper, it has been a dream of mine since I saw big Danny driving around in one in the early 90's!
Haha, not an Engineer but I did stay at a Holiday inn last night!..
I was looking west in Alberta I almost bought a silver one but it had a couple engines replaced due to spun bearings, $42000 not a bad deal but if the first two engines went, I didn't feel great about the work on the third.. The one I chosen, came from BC to Newfoundland on rail through a couple that recently retired here in NL. I got it for a great deal!, Winter just days away and they wanted to buy a cottage at salmonier! Simply right timing and right place!

Old November 21st, 2012, 03:43 PM   #15
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by virginiavenom View Post
a canadian snake huh. must be a nice one with no fangs....

welcome
No fangs but it is faster up here .. My speedo goes to 320

Old November 21st, 2012, 03:50 PM   #16
Enthusiast

Quote:
No fangs but it is faster up here .. My speedo goes to 320
.... and if you know a buddy from Paradise, they got rocks in their pockets! Fuck, I miss it back there. I'll PM you my contact info, so maybe I can see that snake next time I make it back home ... I usually get home a couple of times a year.

Cheers

Old November 21st, 2012, 03:53 PM   #17
Enthusiast

Sure! The Door is always open!
Mike

Old November 22nd, 2012, 11:28 AM   #18

Hamrhead is not afraid of bears with 6013 pointsHamrhead is not afraid of bears with 6013 pointsHamrhead is not afraid of bears with 6013 pointsHamrhead is not afraid of bears with 6013 pointsHamrhead is not afraid of bears with 6013 pointsHamrhead is not afraid of bears with 6013 pointsHamrhead is not afraid of bears with 6013 pointsHamrhead is not afraid of bears with 6013 pointsHamrhead is not afraid of bears with 6013 pointsHamrhead is not afraid of bears with 6013 pointsHamrhead is not afraid of bears with 6013 points
Congrats!

I just did the opposite and traded my '08 Viper on a new '13 Shelby. You're right - They are both fast, but otherwise two very different cars.

Old November 22nd, 2012, 03:04 PM   #19
Enthusiast

I hear ya I had an 09. They really shouldn't be compared apples to oranges but, your 13 is light years ahead of mine..
First thing I noticed was the room... It's tight in a viper, the Shelby was cavernous, In the viper You sit higher up in the cabin which was strange for the appearance of such a low car, the steering and handling is night and day, even though I had aftermarket shocks and springs, maybe due to the live axle, the viper is a winner here..While a much better handling car It seems I'm steering the viper more especially in ruts maybe due to the width of the tires?.. The power curve is very different the viper hits big way down low up to redline even though I had a 2.5 pulley on the Shelby, I would have to build boost maybe 2 sec to feel the hit. The 13 Shelby shouldn't have this problem it is a Monster!
In my case it was time to move on to something else, Always wanted a Viper!
On the island we have about 6 vipers 17 Shelby's. Enjoy That Monster, your gonna love the aftermarket, say Hi to Van you will be visiting him at Lethal Performance, hes the Shelby Master!

Mike

Old November 22nd, 2012, 05:26 PM   #20

Hamrhead is not afraid of bears with 6013 pointsHamrhead is not afraid of bears with 6013 pointsHamrhead is not afraid of bears with 6013 pointsHamrhead is not afraid of bears with 6013 pointsHamrhead is not afraid of bears with 6013 pointsHamrhead is not afraid of bears with 6013 pointsHamrhead is not afraid of bears with 6013 pointsHamrhead is not afraid of bears with 6013 pointsHamrhead is not afraid of bears with 6013 pointsHamrhead is not afraid of bears with 6013 pointsHamrhead is not afraid of bears with 6013 points
Quote:
Enjoy That Monster, your gonna love the aftermarket, say Hi to Van you will be visiting him at Lethal Performance, hes the Shelby Master!

Mike
lmao - You mean Revan Racing? Van and I have already met.

By his count, I should be closing in on 700rwhp with just the JLT BigAir Intake, CJ Dual TB, and Jon Lund Tune. Had to invest in a set of MT Drag Radials after that as the stock Goodyears go up in smoke through 2nd!

If you need more space in the Viper, maybe consider a seat lowering kit and removing the sun visors.. I'm about 6'4", and doing these two mods made a big difference for me in both of my '06 and '06 Coupes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper » Viper Alley » Viper Discussions - Gen III & IV SRT

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.