4+ months later, it's finally back! - Page 2 - Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper

Go Back   Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper » Viper Alley » Viper Discussions - Gen III & IV SRT
» Live Feed « · War Room · Graffiti Wall · Chat · Arcade · Viper Blogs ·  

Viper Discussions - Gen III & IV SRT For discussions about the SRT, SRT Coupe, and ACR models.

4+ months later, it's finally back!

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Old November 19th, 2012, 10:32 AM   #21
Enthusiast

XSTAR is definately JV with 273 pointsXSTAR is definately JV with 273 pointsXSTAR is definately JV with 273 points
Wow! Man, sorry to hear the news... Hopefully you get it figured out since you just had the build finsihed.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 20th, 2012, 08:34 AM   #22
Enthusiast

98intrigue made Varsity with 913 points98intrigue made Varsity with 913 points98intrigue made Varsity with 913 points98intrigue made Varsity with 913 points98intrigue made Varsity with 913 points98intrigue made Varsity with 913 points98intrigue made Varsity with 913 points98intrigue made Varsity with 913 points
Send a message via AIM to 98intrigue
This is interesting... The shop just admitted to only putting in 9qts of Valvoline 20w50 VR1, but isn't the oil capacity 10.4qts? And to add to the irony, only 7qts were drained after only 600 miles. The car never smoked and there were no leaks.

As of now, it seems like both Nelson Competition and Elite Automotive are willing to cooperate. Nelson Comp said they would tear down the motor and diagnose. Elite Auto said they'd pull he motor if need be. I just need to get it all in writing to cover my ass...I don't think I should pay another penny.

Old November 20th, 2012, 08:46 AM   #23

virginiavenom is not afraid of bears with 15011 pointsvirginiavenom is not afraid of bears with 15011 pointsvirginiavenom is not afraid of bears with 15011 pointsvirginiavenom is not afraid of bears with 15011 pointsvirginiavenom is not afraid of bears with 15011 pointsvirginiavenom is not afraid of bears with 15011 pointsvirginiavenom is not afraid of bears with 15011 pointsvirginiavenom is not afraid of bears with 15011 pointsvirginiavenom is not afraid of bears with 15011 pointsvirginiavenom is not afraid of bears with 15011 pointsvirginiavenom is not afraid of bears with 15011 points
agreed.

Old November 22nd, 2012, 01:56 PM   #24
Enthusiast

Leousmc is a B-Teamer with 145 pointsLeousmc is a B-Teamer with 145 points
Nice car!!!

You only need the gen 4 hood!!!

Enjoy it!!!

Old November 23rd, 2012, 09:27 AM   #25
Enthusiast

Green viper is unremarkable with 10 points
Probly need to change oiler cooler if it wasn't done its only 175 can save you thousands

Old November 24th, 2012, 10:46 PM   #26

Netko is not afraid of bears with 10632 pointsNetko is not afraid of bears with 10632 pointsNetko is not afraid of bears with 10632 pointsNetko is not afraid of bears with 10632 pointsNetko is not afraid of bears with 10632 pointsNetko is not afraid of bears with 10632 pointsNetko is not afraid of bears with 10632 pointsNetko is not afraid of bears with 10632 pointsNetko is not afraid of bears with 10632 pointsNetko is not afraid of bears with 10632 pointsNetko is not afraid of bears with 10632 points
Man that must really suck! I'd have them cover ALL costs. Did you ever check the oil level or anything?

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

Old November 25th, 2012, 04:58 AM   #27

madninjaskillz is not afraid of bears with 10623 pointsmadninjaskillz is not afraid of bears with 10623 pointsmadninjaskillz is not afraid of bears with 10623 pointsmadninjaskillz is not afraid of bears with 10623 pointsmadninjaskillz is not afraid of bears with 10623 pointsmadninjaskillz is not afraid of bears with 10623 pointsmadninjaskillz is not afraid of bears with 10623 pointsmadninjaskillz is not afraid of bears with 10623 pointsmadninjaskillz is not afraid of bears with 10623 pointsmadninjaskillz is not afraid of bears with 10623 pointsmadninjaskillz is not afraid of bears with 10623 points
Hope everything works out for you.

The Viper looks very good.

Old November 25th, 2012, 07:41 AM   #28

Next Phase is not afraid of bears with 36530 pointsNext Phase is not afraid of bears with 36530 pointsNext Phase is not afraid of bears with 36530 pointsNext Phase is not afraid of bears with 36530 pointsNext Phase is not afraid of bears with 36530 pointsNext Phase is not afraid of bears with 36530 pointsNext Phase is not afraid of bears with 36530 pointsNext Phase is not afraid of bears with 36530 pointsNext Phase is not afraid of bears with 36530 pointsNext Phase is not afraid of bears with 36530 pointsNext Phase is not afraid of bears with 36530 points
Man, that blows... I can feel your pain as I've had a similar situation happen. The worst part of the whole deal is not having your car while it's getting the motor work done....AGAIN. Then the concerns about blowing your motor once you get it back will creep into your mind. I'm guessing you'll be selling it once you get it back?

Your car looks sick. GL w/ getting it sorted out.

Old November 25th, 2012, 01:17 PM   #29
Enthusiast

98intrigue made Varsity with 913 points98intrigue made Varsity with 913 points98intrigue made Varsity with 913 points98intrigue made Varsity with 913 points98intrigue made Varsity with 913 points98intrigue made Varsity with 913 points98intrigue made Varsity with 913 points98intrigue made Varsity with 913 points
Send a message via AIM to 98intrigue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green viper View Post
Probly need to change oiler cooler if it wasn't done its only 175 can save you thousands
Obviously $175 is nothing compared to the overall bill I paid, but it was never mentioned to me. I've never had to deal with a rebuild, so the oil cooler didn't cross my mind when the motor was being rebuilt. This should have been something the shop brought to my attention.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leousmc View Post
Nice car!!!

You only need the gen 4 hood!!!

Enjoy it!!!
I've been talking with someone on a Gen 4 hood for a couple of months. With the unknown downtime, I'll probably have the hood before my car is ready to drive again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Netko View Post
Man that must really suck! I'd have them cover ALL costs. Did you ever check the oil level or anything?

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
I truly hate our dipstick. I can never get a consistent reading on it...but yes, I checked the level and it was in the safe zone. When I changed the oil the night before the spun bearing(s) happened, only 7qts were drained though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by madninjaskillz View Post
Hope everything works out for you.

The Viper looks very good.
Thank you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Phase View Post
Man, that blows... I can feel your pain as I've had a similar situation happen. The worst part of the whole deal is not having your car while it's getting the motor work done....AGAIN. Then the concerns about blowing your motor once you get it back will creep into your mind. I'm guessing you'll be selling it once you get it back?

Your car looks sick. GL w/ getting it sorted out.
Thank you. AGAIN is right. The car was down for 4 months before...it sat in my garage for 1 month before I decided what to do with it and then it sat in a shop for 3 months. Now it's been sitting in my garage for 1 week and no progress has been made. I 'm very frustrated that I've already had to wait a week with no resolution... I'll be disputing my credit card charge and getting my lawyer involved tomorrow if there isn't any progress.

The thought of blowing the motor will always be in the back of my mind now. When it happened for the 2nd time, I immediately said I was going to sell it. The fact is I've had my dream car for over 7 months and haven't really gotten to drive it. With all the money I've spent on maintenance/upgrades, I'd like to enjoy it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper » Viper Alley » Viper Discussions - Gen III & IV SRT

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum -SRT Viper forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.