Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner

Breather/catch can

2K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  viperbob 
#1 ·
question: when installing a breather/catch can the line that goes on the intake just behind the trotle body gets plug?

#6 ·
I posted a DIY on the vca site a couple of years ago. Jeg's breather, $80-$100 plus about another $100 worth of hose ends, plugs, etc. It's all listed there. I'd post a link but they now have all the diy stuff on the members only section. If you can't access it, and your real serious, send me a pm and I'll get you all the info, pictures, etc.

#7 ·
Thanks...Ill look in the members section..I appreciate the response...
I figure I would do this breather and plug thing since I have the K&N Typhoon kit ready to install..might as well get it all done at the same time,,

#8 ·
The catch can set-up seems to be overkill for my situation. Being that I don't track the car and only occasionally take it out for a Hell Ride... I wanted to try with a more simple approach... I simply removed the existing CCV hoses and replaced them with Dual breather cones , one for each side.....using approx 3" of 5/8" hose and a step fitting .....to connect the breather to the hose...securing with black tie-wraps as the factory does it. Nice thing is I have all the stock parts untouched ready to re-install if I ever go back to bone stock.

I always open my hood every time I come back for a ride...so I will monitor the set-up very closely.

I am prepared to install a catch can if necessary...However, I want to see how this set-up works first.

Attachments

#11 ·
Went for a hell ride today...only about 15-20 miles ......But no signs of oil or drops at all from my Dual breathers......I know its not a long term solution and is not for most.. But for me who just takes the car out once or twice a month for short rips its a good solution I think...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.